• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
I need to find a new psychiatrist. *nerves I'm so afraid they won't be as good.
You could sort of screen potential providers by asking them what they are comfortable with in terms of the things you appreciate in your prior pdoc. If they aren’t willing to work with you in that discussion, then they might not be flexible enough to work with you (as opposed to just telling you what to take).

I have heard some prescribers don’t prescribe anything controlled, so if you take benzos or stimulants (ADHD), then you’ll want to know that up front.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
love. love can be a double edged sword. in a lot of cases the love only comes from one side which makes a relationship toxic. in the rare cases love is deep and respect for each other is deep and unwavering it is awesome i know my wife of 45 years and i share that kinf of bond. but wait, there is the other side of that sword. some day in the next 10 or 20 years that relationship will be interupted until the other passes. she has only been gone for three days and my heart aches, even though i'm happy she went if that makes sense. i can't imagine ihe pain for the one that's left

mike
 
Big rant. I’m just tired tired of everything.
yesterday for some reason or maybe there was a reason
A day before that at work, some girl is always challenging me and I just can’t deal with it.

long post.
I applied internally to a new role in my company. Turns out the teams doesn’t like me and they’re very strict and set in their ways. Little petty things they will complain. And I don’t find this easy to understand, I realized I need to grow out of this and that there are people in the world that will challenge you but doesn’t mean they are right. This girl though is somehow I don’t know, she seems to be nice not nice character. She was nice to me, but then she’d just tattle tale on every mistake I made.
so that is my problem there because I’m new and I needed to own my mistake.
I’m feeling so burnt out from job. And I wish I could get another job somewhere but it’s hard with my condition.
Then we have a new hire and it’s just insulting how they’re comparing me to him.
He has been in his role for many years and this is my first time in this role.
I think of one team member I have before and used to think he’s so stupid. In fact two people were. They’re been doing the same work over and over for more than 6 months and still can’t grasp the methodology.
so id think of this guy, if he feels like that and sure of himself that he’s doing fine and so do I. I shouldn’t feel so bad about myself being bad for being new.
but at least I don’t tattle tale like this girl.
I just felt like she’s trying hard to compromise my job, that I’m not fit in the role, that I shouldn’t be there.
id talk to my manager and even give a hint that I might be leaving if they don’t want me there but he doesn’t seem to get it.
An another thing, it all started with our lazy technician. She just hates me for no reason. She doesn’t help at all in fact just mocking and insulting is what she does.
My trainer is just also weird. Instead of training me she went on and had drowning conversations instead with her friend.
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
Big rant. I’m just tired tired of everything.
yesterday for some reason or maybe there was a reason
A day before that at work, some girl is always challenging me and I just can’t deal with it.

long post.
I applied internally to a new role in my company. Turns out the teams doesn’t like me and they’re very strict and set in their ways. Little petty things they will complain. And I don’t find this easy to understand, I realized I need to grow out of this and that there are people in the world that will challenge you but doesn’t mean they are right. This girl though is somehow I don’t know, she seems to be nice not nice character. She was nice to me, but then she’d just tattle tale on every mistake I made.
so that is my problem there because I’m new and I needed to own my mistake.
I’m feeling so burnt out from job. And I wish I could get another job somewhere but it’s hard with my condition.
Then we have a new hire and it’s just insulting how they’re comparing me to him.
He has been in his role for many years and this is my first time in this role.
I think of one team member I have before and used to think he’s so stupid. In fact two people were. They’re been doing the same work over and over for more than 6 months and still can’t grasp the methodology.
so id think of this guy, if he feels like that and sure of himself that he’s doing fine and so do I. I shouldn’t feel so bad about myself being bad for being new.
but at least I don’t tattle tale like this girl.
I just felt like she’s trying hard to compromise my job, that I’m not fit in the role, that I shouldn’t be there.
id talk to my manager and even give a hint that I might be leaving if they don’t want me there but he doesn’t seem to get it.
An another thing, it all started with our lazy technician. She just hates me for no reason. She doesn’t help at all in fact just mocking and insulting is what she does.
My trainer is just also weird. Instead of training me she went on and had drowning conversations instead with her friend.
Sorry, sorry to hear of this & your struggels or troubles. . . It's called a, "Grace Period!" I wish they'd familliarize themselves with it. This coworker of yours, in particular, who can't stop driving you insane. Anyway, just let her be, chalk it up to a ... I don't even know what to call it? A personality conflict? Maybe, but this seems more action oriented, or behavior targeted & specific. Anyway, tune her out as best you can --& definitely do not let any of her criticisms, none of which sound all that very constructive mind you, get to you, bother you, or bring you down. Also do waht you can to stop comparing yourself to the other new guy, who already has eyars of experience in this frole. Just forcus on you. Turn the eyeballs in, and that's where you should leave them. Evaluate yourself. Don't be overly hypercritical, or unfair. If you feel you are doing okay on your own self-evaluation, then short of this boss man of yours coming along and telling you otherwise. I would not sweat it, nor lose any sleep over. . . Before leaving, or threatening to leave, just try & make sure you've got something else lined up or at least waiting in the wings. So that you don't make an over-reactionary decision. One that is rooted in emotion, instead of logic. Or rational thought. Hard to do, but I'm sure that yes, you iknow this, perfecgtly roght, and pervectly fwell, for that meaatter. Good luck & best wishes. It soudns like a trough palce to be, and who knows if the environment will improve, once you grasp the fundamentals of the job at a bit more of an expertise or mastered at, or masterful level. 'Advanced basics,' as they say! Take care. -mrb
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Big rant. I’m just tired tired of everything.
yesterday for some reason or maybe there was a reason
A day before that at work, some girl is always challenging me and I just can’t deal with it.

long post.
I applied internally to a new role in my company. Turns out the teams doesn’t like me and they’re very strict and set in their ways. Little petty things they will complain. And I don’t find this easy to understand, I realized I need to grow out of this and that there are people in the world that will challenge you but doesn’t mean they are right. This girl though is somehow I don’t know, she seems to be nice not nice character. She was nice to me, but then she’d just tattle tale on every mistake I made.
so that is my problem there because I’m new and I needed to own my mistake.
I’m feeling so burnt out from job. And I wish I could get another job somewhere but it’s hard with my condition.
Then we have a new hire and it’s just insulting how they’re comparing me to him.
He has been in his role for many years and this is my first time in this role.
I think of one team member I have before and used to think he’s so stupid. In fact two people were. They’re been doing the same work over and over for more than 6 months and still can’t grasp the methodology.
so id think of this guy, if he feels like that and sure of himself that he’s doing fine and so do I. I shouldn’t feel so bad about myself being bad for being new.
but at least I don’t tattle tale like this girl.
I just felt like she’s trying hard to compromise my job, that I’m not fit in the role, that I shouldn’t be there.
id talk to my manager and even give a hint that I might be leaving if they don’t want me there but he doesn’t seem to get it.
An another thing, it all started with our lazy technician. She just hates me for no reason. She doesn’t help at all in fact just mocking and insulting is what she does.
My trainer is just also weird. Instead of training me she went on and had drowning conversations instead with her friend.
welcome to SF @Moody_judy we are a peer communty that cares but never judges. please look at the different threads and post when you feel comfortable or you can go into chat if you prefer real time.

work issues can be really bad at times. maybe you can find a way to get these people to like you. maybe compliment them, bring a plate of brownies, thank them for their help, whatever works in your company. as for your trainer tell him how much you appreciate his/her help but could you explain it better so i understand. of course you don't have to feel that way but greasing the wheel may help until you are proficient in your job. the ideal option is of course to find a job where you are respected. to me respect always meant more than salary. i wish you luck

mike....*hug*console*shake
 

Astrid78

Spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down
Sticking to my boundaries and how this seems to just piss off the whole damn world. How dare anyone call me toxic and abusive for stating how they make me feel? What an absolute pos thing to say. There was a time when that would have cut me to the core, filled me with doubt and negative self talk. And a desire to fix myself, while i still have work to do.
I'm beginning to understand I'm not the toxic or abusive one. And sick to death of others blaming me for their shity behavior. Learn some accountability ffs.
 
Just seeing on the news this evening...the DEA won't release more of the controlled componenet of ADHD medications to fill prescriptions saying that the med that is already out in circulation hasn't been used up yet but pharmacies are out of stock and consumers are on their own having to call many pharmacies just to try and find their prescribed amount for the month, mostly unsuccessful. This country is disgusting.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Just seeing on the news this evening...the DEA won't release more of the controlled componenet of ADHD medications to fill prescriptions saying that the med that is already out in circulation hasn't been used up yet but pharmacies are out of stock and consumers are on their own having to call many pharmacies just to try and find their prescribed amount for the month, mostly unsuccessful. This country is disgusting.
also because of dea restrictions 2 mg hydromrphone is out until probably next month, my doctor found out they still had 4 mg so he ordered half as much to equal out. i hope the have some this month

mike.....*hug*shake*hiding*rant:mad:
 
also because of dea restrictions 2 mg hydromrphone is out until probably next month, my doctor found out they still had 4 mg so he ordered half as much to equal out. i hope the have some this month

mike.....*hug*shake*hiding*rant:mad:
I know it is with the opioids and other pain meds as well. People including children suffer and die over this kind of thing that is being prescribed in the first place. I so hope you have enough. And thank goodness your doctor is supportive and advocating for you*hug*hug
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
Just seeing on the news this evening...the DEA won't release more of the controlled componenet of ADHD medications to fill prescriptions saying that the med that is already out in circulation hasn't been used up yet but pharmacies are out of stock and consumers are on their own having to call many pharmacies just to try and find their prescribed amount for the month, mostly unsuccessful. This country is disgusting.
They're out at Mayo, too..;) Lovely! Maeks no difference to me: (but to others)~*/> obviously, a different story. :)
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
This feels too small for major but is definitely not petty.
A girl staying at my work has some kind of laundry business and she got supervisor approval to finish her laundry on site at our facility because they were under the impression that she only had a couple loads to do. It was not a couple loads but a couple clients, probably 10+ loads overall. We have 2 washers and 2 dryers and people are not able to access storage or laundry without staff accompaniment. And I’m the one assigned to deal with her case. I don’t know why she even thought it would be appropriate to ask to do this much laundry at our facility. I want to just quit and go home.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
This feels too small for major but is definitely not petty.
A girl staying at my work has some kind of laundry business and she got supervisor approval to finish her laundry on site at our facility because they were under the impression that she only had a couple loads to do. It was not a couple loads but a couple clients, probably 10+ loads overall. We have 2 washers and 2 dryers and people are not able to access storage or laundry without staff accompaniment. And I’m the one assigned to deal with her case. I don’t know why she even thought it would be appropriate to ask to do this much laundry at our facility. I want to just quit and go home.
Sounds like the selfish and entitled that without a placard pull into a handicapped parking space claiming they will only be in for 5 minutes and an hour later they are just like cool breeze have a lazy day and have not left. Call the police and have the useless shits ticketed and towed is what I would do.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Sounds like the selfish and entitled that without a placard pull into a handicapped parking space claiming they will only be in for 5 minutes and an hour later they are just like cool breeze have a lazy day and have not left. Call the police and have the useless shits ticketed and towed is what I would do.
She just threatened to record me because I decided not to drop everything and cater to her every whim. Recording is very much not allowed here due to privacy concerns. So I get to write in my note how awful she is but nothing will be done.
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
She just threatened to record me because I decided not to drop everything and cater to her every whim. Recording is very much not allowed here due to privacy concerns. So I get to write in my note how awful she is but nothing will be done.
I'm sorry @Baywasp - that you have to put up with, and deal with all of this tonight. It's hard enough when it's through no fault of your own. But the ignorance of others. And then their hostility & forward aggressiveness towards, sounds totally uncalled for and not acceptable at all. I hope you can get through the rest of your shift without issue from her. And that in the end, you won't let this affect you too greatly, if at all going into the rest of/or the remainder of your evening. Idiots! I swear~ ;/
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top