• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

I went to another new neurologist today. In and out in an hour.*faints And was able to get a follow up visit in 6 weeks. :)

My complaint is that the last physician wanted a bunch of expensive tests run which I didn't do in the fall because the follow up visit couldn't be scheduled until 6 months later (March 24) and I wasn't going to use a doctor that didn't care if he didn't give results to his patient in a timely manner. And when I asked this doctor this morning if she wanted to do all the tests like CT and MRI (she had been sent medical notes from the last doctor's visit in August) she said they weren't necessary....I had brought a copy of some other neuro tests that had been done 3 years ago and that satisfied her at this time. Win/win on that score......

So again it was reaffirmed that many doctors just do CYA testing for themselves, not whether a patient really needs them or not. She saved me alot of money today and when she made a medication change she took care of it right then while I was sitting in the room with her.
 
@Ju You can attribute such comments to insecurity, immaturity, and ignorance. I guarantee those petty, belittling insults had nothing to do with you but rather the individual’s desire to feel important. The greatest insult you can respond with is to deny them the attention they’re obviously seeking and continue doing what grants you a diversion from the unnecessary chaos people like that are putting out in the world.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Fed up with everything I do being so damn arduous, painstaking, and, in the end, seeming like an utter waste of time.
i think that most people feel that way sometimes. i know this is a a hard hill to climb in your life journey but it won't last forever. pick one thing you are struggling with and work hard on that one thing. if you keep trying things should get better. please find help irl or here to let you get to a better place, you are not alone

mike....*hug*shake
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Leaks in the house can be expensive. The guy was out today and found three which I never detected but admit with old eyes and ears not what they used to be easy for me to miss. Once he pointed them out, easy to notice. Need a new hot water heater, new kitchen sink, supply lines and stop and toilet to have rebuilt. Got that scheduled for Monday. The hot water heater is the part that gouges the most, as expected.
 

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Leaks in the house can be expensive. The guy was out today and found three which I never detected but admit with old eyes and ears not what they used to be easy for me to miss. Once he pointed them out, easy to notice. Need a new hot water heater, new kitchen sink, supply lines and stop and toilet to have rebuilt. Got that scheduled for Monday. The hot water heater is the part that gouges the most, as expected.
*hug10
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Leaks in the house can be expensive. The guy was out today and found three which I never detected but admit with old eyes and ears not what they used to be easy for me to miss. Once he pointed them out, easy to notice. Need a new hot water heater, new kitchen sink, supply lines and stop and toilet to have rebuilt. Got that scheduled for Monday. The hot water heater is the part that gouges the most, as expected.
i'm sorry that you have to go through that

mike.....*hug*shake
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
People who raise the price of something with no explanation after there was already an agreement about what it costs. F' em, it sounds like a scam to me. And this was something socially I was looking forward to which doesn't happen that often. Damn
that isn't fair. in most places if you have a written price they have to honor it. and for written estimates it can't go up by more than 10% in a lot of states

mike.....*hug*shake
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
The lead at work was on some kind of weird power trip earlier today. I was assigned to be sitting monitoring the adolescents and I was not able to leave where I was because there always has to be someone with the adolescents.

The one girl was asking for her personal shampoo which is locked away for safety, and I couldn’t access it. I called out to the lead desk phone to ask if someone could bring it back (would have taken 2 minutes at most) and I had to call 2 more times because no one came within the hour, and the lead just kept telling me to wait, and by the third time she started talking down to me like I was a kid.

Literally everyone was just sitting there not really doing anything, and the floor was properly staffed, so there was no reason that someone couldn’t have helped me. So I was stuck back there with an angry and frustrated teenager who has limited frustration tolerance skills, and I looked really stupid and pathetic too for not being able to get that done for her.

I almost decided to just leave once I was done covering the adolescent area, but I was afraid of getting in trouble. But it’s still inexcusable to respond to me that way. Wish I could talk to a supervisor but don’t want to feel like I’m tattling or something.
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
The lead at work was on some kind of weird power trip earlier today. I was assigned to be sitting monitoring the adolescents and I was not able to leave where I was because there always has to be someone with the adolescents.

The one girl was asking for her personal shampoo which is locked away for safety, and I couldn’t access it. I called out to the lead desk phone to ask if someone could bring it back (would have taken 2 minutes at most) and I had to call 2 more times because no one came within the hour, and the lead just kept telling me to wait, and by the third time she started talking down to me like I was a kid.

Literally everyone was just sitting there not really doing anything, and the floor was properly staffed, so there was no reason that someone couldn’t have helped me. So I was stuck back there with an angry and frustrated teenager who has limited frustration tolerance skills, and I looked really stupid and pathetic too for not being able to get that done for her.

I almost decided to just leave once I was done covering the adolescent area, but I was afraid of getting in trouble. But it’s still inexcusable to respond to me that way. Wish I could talk to a supervisor but don’t want to feel like I’m tattling or something.
Sorry Bay~ I hate it when leads are like that! . . . not much else you could have really done, honestly--as you've said it best yourself; "can't leave them un-attended!" So anyway, don't know why they decided to do that to you, and make you have to be the bearer of all that teen's suffering. Through no fault of her own. Grr... some people, the entitlement flows/flies straight up to the top of their heads, and doesn't stop there sometimes, it seems... Good / as in - 'wise,' decision on your part of behalf, there not to allow the emotions to cloud your judgemnet & therefore determine your actions, which would've b een clearly "reactionary," all their fault. And yet it would be you, would most likely be, the one getting punished as a result. Glad a cooler head prevailed. And it takes a calm/settled mind to be able to see through the chaos sometimes: & recognize the situation for what it's worth. So good on you!
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
The lead at work was on some kind of weird power trip earlier today. I was assigned to be sitting monitoring the adolescents and I was not able to leave where I was because there always has to be someone with the adolescents.

The one girl was asking for her personal shampoo which is locked away for safety, and I couldn’t access it. I called out to the lead desk phone to ask if someone could bring it back (would have taken 2 minutes at most) and I had to call 2 more times because no one came within the hour, and the lead just kept telling me to wait, and by the third time she started talking down to me like I was a kid.

Literally everyone was just sitting there not really doing anything, and the floor was properly staffed, so there was no reason that someone couldn’t have helped me. So I was stuck back there with an angry and frustrated teenager who has limited frustration tolerance skills, and I looked really stupid and pathetic too for not being able to get that done for her.

I almost decided to just leave once I was done covering the adolescent area, but I was afraid of getting in trouble. But it’s still inexcusable to respond to me that way. Wish I could talk to a supervisor but don’t want to feel like I’m tattling or something.
Sounds like most places I have worked. One of the reasons in the business us vs them/management vs employee I am against everybody. LOL Businesses see employees as disposable and employees see businesses as a private ATM. Decades ago the running gag was how many employees believed their job was being furniture or keeping their chair from hitting the roof. It is the same now but they now have noses stuck into a phone.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I hate my own thoughts
it's possible to train your brain to immediately move away from bad thoughts to neutral or good thoughts. it does take a lot of time and practice but it works for me at least 95% of the time. i can't prevent all of the bad stuff in my head but most of it. and of course when you have thoughts that you hate you can always come here and talk or vent

mike....*hug*brohug*hug10*shake
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
I need to find a new psychiatrist. *nerves I'm so afraid they won't be as good.
It's good, thought, that you've got some experience with one and that you can then use that, to judge or gauge how well of a job they are doing. And what you'd think they could maybe do better on, or improve upon. Etc. Versus going in more blank in terms of slate with respect history in this regard. . .
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
Maybe you could try & communicate with them, what it was about the old one, that you found so good, or liked so much? Might not make much difference, but couldn't hurt (provided they don't take offense... which, in & of itself, would be something of a bad sign, at least in my mind!). :)
You'll be able to ask the right questions, and hopefully navigate the course of your treatment a little bit more effectively by having this ongoing communication with them. Since you know what works. What should feel right, and etc.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top