Post your *petty* complaint here

About to do a phone interview for a job I probably am not qualified for. They said it was going to be at two then sent me a confirmation for 1-1:30. So now I’m just waiting in anticipation.

This service job would be great... but I hate people and interviews. But I need work. Fml, I’m very anxious.

I’ve never even had an interview before :(

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
About to do a phone interview for a job I probably am not qualified for. They said it was going to be at two then sent me a confirmation for 1-1:30. So now I’m just waiting in anticipation.

This service job would be great... but I hate people and interviews. But I need work. Fml, I’m very anxious.

*hug I hope it goes okay. Interviews are stressful, but it's really just a conversation. And even if it bombs it's not the end of the world - we've all had bad interviews before.

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

Good luck! It would be easy to say don't be nervous but remember you have nothing to lose here, I'm sure you did amazing, let us know how it went

Tana

Some people on here actually do suck, jump to conclusions, don't try to see your POV, and just plain act like sheep...

But eh, whatcha gonna do...

*moving on*

Good luck! It would be easy to say don't be nervous but remember you have nothing to lose here, I'm sure you did amazing, let us know how it went
Thanks. I called in 7 minutes late because I didn’t realize it was a call in interview cause I didn’t read the instructions properly. (ADD brain why?)

But other than that I think maybe I won’t get a service position cause lack of experience, but I mentioned I’d be interested in other jobs if it didn’t work out and she said she was happy to hear that cause they are looking for hostesses. So maybe I’m going to hostess? God I have so much nervous energy rn.

Or maybe nothing. Ugh we’ll see. I need work and I so don’t wanna work as an admin again.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I've kept getting calls about five times per day from my credit card company, claiming I owe them what I've used on the card, plus a bunch of ridiculous late fees that I'm never planning on paying. Hell, even if I still had my job, I wouldn't pay it. So finally, after about a month and a half of these calls daily, I was feeling froggy, so I picked up:

"Hi, I'm Mandy, from so and so company. I'm calling because..."

"Yeah, I know exactly why you're calling. And I'm not goimg to pay you guys a damn thing, so get the fuck over it." *click*

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
I really have a problem with strange women calling me (or any male, for that matter) 'hon', 'sweetie', 'darlin'', etc...

If I were to do that to a woman I didn't know, I'd be accused of sexual harassment. It's a double standard that I find abhorrent.

Yes, Ms. Bank Teller, Restaurant Server, Retail Customer Service Rep., etc., Please stop using these terms....'sir' will do just fine...

Tana

I really have a problem with strange women calling me (or any male, for that matter) 'hon', 'sweetie', 'darlin'', etc...

If I were to do that to a woman I didn't know, I'd be accused of sexual harassment. It's a double standard that I find abhorrent.

Yes, Ms. Bank Teller, Restaurant Server, Retail Customer Service Rep., etc., Please stop using these terms....'sir' will do just fine...
At least you were probably never called "Mrs", and spoken to as politely as you'd speak to an elderly, by a child who looked to be in the 3d grade, while you were in the 7th, and tending to the school hall....

...that was traumatic.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00