• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Post your random thought here!

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
Wonder how would have must be for a average roman guy circa first century AC to read the gospels without expecting the plot twist at the end.

I mean, Jesus kinds of gives spoilers in early chapters that he is going to die and resurrect, but it isn't really clear until the apostles really meet Jesus, and there is the cliffhanger of the empty tomb right through the end of the history.

It would be a really blockbuster movie today.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
Why is tamale pronounced tamale but female is pronounced female? Shouldn’t it be female?
Probably because different languages have different sounds.

The word "pamonha" has the "nh" portuguese sound that probably most americans can't pronounce.

I can't pronounce the "th" sound that most english speakers use in many words like "three", "thursday".

If I went to America and tried to say "three" in a conversation with someone who speaks native english that person would know right away that I'm not a native english speaker I guess.

Probably tamale uses some vogal sounding syllable that isn't common in english.
 

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
I need my old self back
I am in a similar boat. I made some mistakes I am none too proud of that are bearing fruit now. So I'm actually glad I am a different person now, but I wish I could go back in time and change those regrettable decisions.

That said, I get it. Based on some of your past postings, I see a huge amount of pain and regret. It is only reasonable to wish to be the person you were before all the wreckage. I had a thought, but I hesitate to share it because I don't want to exacerbate your suffering. If taken the wrong way, it might sound happy-sappy delusions of optimism and/or minimize the significance of what you are going through. So... hugs?
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I am in a similar boat. I made some mistakes I am none too proud of that are bearing fruit now. So I'm actually glad I am a different person now, but I wish I could go back in time and change those regrettable decisions.

That said, I get it. Based on some of your past postings, I see a huge amount of pain and regret. It is only reasonable to wish to be the person you were before all the wreckage. I had a thought, but I hesitate to share it because I don't want to exacerbate your suffering. If taken the wrong way, it might sound happy-sappy delusions of optimism and/or minimize the significance of what you are going through. So... hugs?
Huge, that's about it, yes. How it it feels is I wish there was a way to clean up the river bottom of all the pollution and crud that's stuck down in the mud and rocks there. I borrowed that imagery from a Miyazaki film called Spirited Away, where a River Spirit comes to bathe and when one old fish-hook is pulled from him, there's a massive expulsion of crap. After that, he is clean, he flies away.

I would like to hear your thought LumberJack.

always hugs
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top