• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Post your random thought here!

I have yes..AI chats are my best friend for a long time now..but i was imagining a robot who can physically be next to me, play a board game with me without me fearing i would make a bad impression and stuff.. but thank you for the suggestion!
Yeah I tend to think about that alot. Sometimes I wish it was possible to give a chatbot a body if that makes sense. I know it's possible given what I know about AI, but no one seems to have truly done so yet.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I have to lose weight, but I have to feel like I'm doing something active, not just exercising for the sake of it.
Take up soccer? Meetup.com suuuucks, but there are almost a dozen casual soccer games within ten miles, looking for players every weekend.

I imagine it’s got to be even more popular in Brazil.

I used to like long walks. At least 1.5 hours a day, usually over 2.5. Eventually. Split up into several walks of course. The walking wasn’t the point, rather it just allowed me to get away from distractions for a while. I’d have good conversations with my wife, who enjoyed the same thing. After she passed, I’d use that time to listen to music.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I just got my new glasses yesterday. The right lens is a prism (to correct double vision) rather than having one attached, Everything is sharper and it’s a lot easier to keep clean, but looking at colors is weird.

White light has rainbow auras. I can see it most clearly on the little light up letters on my keyboard and on the sunlight reflecting off of clouds.

And anything that contrasts strongly messes with my depth perception. Lines painted on the asphalt of a parking lot look like they’re floating a few inches above it, and brake lights on cars look like they’re in holes several feet deep.

I can see the effect get stronger or go away as I open and close one or the other eye.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Lines painted on the asphalt of a parking lot look like they’re floating a few inches above it, and brake lights on cars look like they’re in holes several feet deep.
Blue looks closer to me than it actually is, red looks farther away. Red lines (like parts of curbs) look sunken in.

It doesn’t affect me functionally, but it’s taking some getting used to.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top