Prazosin (minipress) is helping me a lot

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So I have only been taking it for a week and I have already noticed a difference. I wake up rested and have more energy to get stuff done.

I started it to help with bad dreams that sometimes wake me up and intrusive memories before bed.

I am wondering if anyone else had taken it?

Vanquished

I took it at one point to help with nightmares. It needed to be increased a few times, but it did eventually help.

I took it for a couple months then decided to try going without it and see how I'd do. I figured if the nightmares came back I could start it up again, and if not great. Then that was one less med to have to take. That was about two months ago. It's still sitting in my cupboard in case it becomes an issue again, but so far so good. My pdoc advised me if I need to start it again to go back to the lowest dose then we'd go from there.

Glad you're finding it helpful.

Zonkers

So I have only been taking it for a week and I have already noticed a difference. I wake up rested and have more energy to get stuff done.

I started it to help with bad dreams that sometimes wake me up and intrusive memories before bed.

I am wondering if anyone else had taken it?
Yes I use prazosin for PTSD nightmares. It works well for insomnia too. I use prazosin and another med for sleep. if I don't take it I don't always sleep. But no nightmares since starting it.

I have used it for over a year. I also use ambein for long time. The prazosin help with the pts nightmares that lead to panic attacks. I sleep better when I am in a calm cycle.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00