Tell us about your username

My entire life I’ve aleays been quiet around just about everybody including family. It’s not a problem for me but I’ve been convinced over time that it’s either not normal, weird, and even suspicious. And I guess it is. I have a million things going on in my head but those thoughts rarely make their way out in words. So anytime anyone is unfortunate to be within a normal talking distance of me, there’s always a need to apologize for not talking to them and the awkward position they must be in. So, Sorry I Am Me.

DamCore

Life is a Gamble
So we have an avatar section for this kind of thing. Really this is more to satisfy my own curiosity. But what inspired you to choose your username?

I'll start. Mine is simple, it's the first half of my first name :)
Mine is pretty stupid. I literally just googled "cool nicknames" one day. Damcore was like the 4th or 5th one to show up, and i liked it. So it. So i took it :P

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
The pronunciation is hard for non-french speakers, I believe.
Indeed! You're right. I took the spelling and left the pronunciation behind. (Though I did nail that from a hundred years of taking French)
What are your current ideas for names - just out of curiosity?

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Indeed! You're right. I took the spelling and left the pronunciation behind. (Though I did nail that from a hundred years of taking French)
What are your current ideas for names - just out of curiosity?
Awww, I don't need to worry about my English then, we will speak French!
Ah! I think about it and avoid thinking about it at the same time :P So no ideas, really. It's hard to pick when you've already existed for a while and it has to fit you.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
God help us. Freya also speaks some French (better than I do... but I really suck at it)
Aww really, interesting! I saw you speaking Spanish though *thumbsup
And no worries, I prefer speaking in English than any of my mother tongues for an unknown reason, but I like hearing others speaking French. It will happen!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I saw you speaking Spanish though
Where??
I come from an entire city of Hispanic folks so if you can't speak SOME Spanish you're not gonna make it here. I'm outnumbered. Besides, the prison population isn't exactly *cough* caucasian (rude but true) so you have to know what people are saying about you when you walk by haha

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Where??
I come from an entire city of Hispanic folks so if you can't speak SOME Spanish you're not gonna make it here. I'm outnumbered. Besides, the prison population isn't exactly *cough* caucasian (rude but true) so you have to know what people are saying about you when you walk by haha
lol In the only area where people speak Spanish on SF, which is the Support in other languages ;) I think it's great! Though technically you could have googled it I guess, which is still kind of you.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Ahh yes! I feel like that was half me, half Google. I would never post there without double checking though because really, who is that confident in their skills? Oh --- you are. *thumbsup*thumbsup

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Ahh yes! I feel like that was half me, half Google. I would never post there without double checking though because really, who is that confident in their skills? Oh --- you are. *thumbsup*thumbsup
Good enough!
lol I don't post in languages I've never spoken or learned. But thank you! :) I am not afraid to write and make mistakes.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
You write perfectly - I'm sure you also speak very well too. Looking forward to it. Eight weeks (but who's counting?).
Thank you ^^ I'm sure you are counting. Holy smokes, maybe I should buy my tickets and book my accommodation :wow:

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
:mad: You better get on it. We are *expecting* you there. If you don't show we're going to ban you.
Oh no! *blue *scared The horror!

I don't own a credit card, that shit's always a pain in the ass for booking. I'll try being ready this weekend ^^
My husband finally got a credit card a few years ago in his mid 30s because things like renting a car are basically impossible without it.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My husband finally got a credit card a few years ago in his mid 30s because things like renting a car are basically impossible without it.
Yeah, I find it quite stupid to make you use a credit card for some things. I'll get one one day just because traveling by plane is impossible without, but I don't like it :p

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah, I find it quite stupid to make you use a credit card for some things. I'll get one one day just because traveling by plane is impossible without, but I don't like it :p
There are certain guarantees with credit, that’s why. But yeah it’s annoying to not have one. When I was visiting my grad school before I accepted my credit card was maxed out so I had to go without a car. Definitely it’s one more thing that’s harder if you’re poor

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00