• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

The Fuck You Thread

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I totally understand that and I agree. I want a goddam machine that does what I tell it to, no more and no less. I’m going to try out Linux on my upcoming new desktop purchase and hopefully that works a bit better. Of course the software is still going to be an issue because even the Linux stuff is trying to be intuitive, meaning user friendly to the point of thinking it knows more than the idiot user what needs to be done. This may be mitigated though by the fact that malware distributors have less interest in Linux due to its much smaller market share.
That is very true. Linux is gaining numbers and the easiest systems if you want to try out them at least to me is Fedora and Ubuntu and its offshoots. Not only are those pretty easy to run through and more and more as time goes by less has to be done via terminal command line, they have great software centers to install most things that people want to do. The biggest deterrents for many are how you have to have a USB installer and boot into BIOS to set it up. The command line/terminal can cause pause for many. I think Linux counts for 5 percent or so of computers as in desktop or laptop, but it is the most widely used computer system on Earth as of now. The internet is mostly hosted by servers running the system, so is The Cloud and all Android devices are Linux. Anybody accessing this forum with a non Apple smartphone or tablet is posting here using Linux.
 

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
That is very true. Linux is gaining numbers and the easiest systems if you want to try out them at least to me is Fedora and Ubuntu and its offshoots. Not only are those pretty easy to run through and more and more as time goes by less has to be done via terminal command line, they have great software centers to install most things that people want to do. The biggest deterrents for many are how you have to have a USB installer and boot into BIOS to set it up. The command line/terminal can cause pause for many. I think Linux counts for 5 percent or so of computers as in desktop or laptop, but it is the most widely used computer system on Earth as of now. The internet is mostly hosted by servers running the system, so is The Cloud and all Android devices are Linux. Anybody accessing this forum with a non Apple smartphone or tablet is posting here using Linux.
I would love to do things with the command line exclusively if I could get away with it. I mean, not entertainment stuff but anything that I would do using the Explorer app on Windows. I know this can be done in Windows too, but I’m not as familiar with the DOS syntax and power shell is a mystery to me. I have experience with the Bash shell so I “think” in terms of *nix utilities such as vi (text editor) and working with file permissions in one command rather than buried behind 3 separate dialogue boxes.

Really my biggest frustration is with MS office and how bothersome it is trying to type what I want, as opposed to what Auto-Correct thinks I really meant. That and hardening the privacy options so that MS doesn’t use everything I do for behavioral marketing. The defaults are usually as promiscuous as possible, and that’s a scary risk surface for someone who doesn’t want an adversary deleting my family photos from the cloud.
 
Last edited:

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
FU to the person who cut me off
Oh dear, I hope that wasn’t me, lol. I did sort of cut someone off today by accident. I saw them behind me in the next lane over, but they were going way faster than anyone else on the road. So that driver was half a car length behind me by the time I completed my lane change. This was during rush hour so I was not expecting another driver to be going that fast.

I dunno if it helps to suppose that it might have been human error, but I know for me I try to not cut anyone off, and I am not perfect in that regard. However, I do have the common courtesy to not drive along in the blind spot of the next car over. I also use the passing lane for (gasp) passing, and I get over if someone is behind me and I am going the same speed as the car next to me. I would say FU to all the people who form moving roadblocks by doing 5 under in the passing lane right next to someone in the right lane, but I just don’t have that kind of time. *facepalm
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Sounds like you would do well with Linux based. Bash is one of those puts people off things at times. I use BASH and ZSH along with the additions like Oh-My-Bash and .ble(Bash line editor) to make things more user friendly on handling. Fish is another good and user friendly Shell environment that can be added and checked out to see which one you prefer and set as default. I know what you mean about auto correct on MS Office. Libreoffice and OnlyOffice are quite good office style suites.
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
1723140502276.png
Could any picture sum up what an unhinged dipshit J.K. Rowling has become better? Her accusing a cis woman from Algeria, a country where it's illegal to be trans, of secretly being a trans woman, and that being the reason she won.

Actually, idk, maybe her tweeting denying nazi crimes would be a better example. Seriously, fuck J.K. Rowling.
 
FU to the animal that ran out in front of me on my way to work today. i was forced to swerve and blew the drivers side tires. Nearly flipped my jeep. It was less expensive to purchase 5 smaller wheels and tires then to replace 2 wheels and 3 tires of the size that was on there. Still set me back more than i make in a month... So much for my savings to move out!
 

Tor

SF Author
SF Supporter
Fuck my managers for being chronic assholes. Also, a seriously gigantic FUCK YOU to the shithead that is interfering with one of my closest friendships. It drives me mad that this asshole goes out of her way to make my friend feel sorry for her. Then, she will intentionally try to make plans with my friend before I get the chance, knowing that I make plans with my friend weekly. Fuck this whole situation
 

Fleury Dragon

Rawr 🐲
SF Supporter
Fuck you healthcare agency
This morning at 11am carer was coming at 6:15pm to help with showering.
But 1:40pm got a text to say 6pm, logged into my app where I can see and it said 7:25pm.
At 6pm no carer, logged into app, it said 8:05pm.

Rang them. They looked 8:05pm.
Had them ring the carer to find out. 6:30pm
Carer said she rang them to let them know and told them to ring me to let me know.

I wasn't on a phone call, they never rang.
Sitting not knowing if a carer is about to arrive whilst waiting to used the toilet and wondering if you'll ever get to eat dinner.

Now 6:20pm waiting .....

Fuck you
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Fuck you healthcare agency
This morning at 11am carer was coming at 6:15pm to help with showering.
But 1:40pm got a text to say 6pm, logged into my app where I can see and it said 7:25pm.
At 6pm no carer, logged into app, it said 8:05pm.

Rang them. They looked 8:05pm.
Had them ring the carer to find out. 6:30pm
Carer said she rang them to let them know and told them to ring me to let me know.

I wasn't on a phone call, they never rang.
Sitting not knowing if a carer is about to arrive whilst waiting to used the toilet and wondering if you'll ever get to eat dinner.

Now 6:20pm waiting .....

Fuck you
i'm sorry that you have to go through that. right now the care system helping people to stay in their homes is broken. they need to find more people that actually care for their clients. i was evaluated last year and was allowed 7 hours a week to help me. it isn't much but would have made a dfference. after 3 or 4 weeks of saying i have this person than that a few times i finally gave up and cancelled it. i hope you can get your carer straightened out

mike....*hug*shake
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
fuck you to this country and where it's heading. don't get me wrong i love my country but hate what it's become and where it is heading. the rich squeeze the poor, working poor, and even middle class. a place where corporate greed knows no bounds. they don't even try to hide their greed anymore.

30 or 40 years ago homelessness was very rare and most homeless people were addicts or alcoholics. then you started to see people with mental health. now it's working people and elderly. one of the richest countries on the planet and we throw our people away. the sad part is we can change this, vote for honest politicians if we can find them and push out the assholes lining their pockets

mike
 

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
Fuck you Dad, fucking fuck just why?
Why did you leave? Everyone leaves. I don’t want to feel because all my feelings are bad. Bad as in evil. Bad as in worthless. Bad as in wrong. Fuck you for making me exist in this hell! I’m bad? I’m wrong? Fuuuuuuuck YOU!!!! I never wanted to fucking exist! I’m doing the best I can and no one cares because they have their own problems! But I have to be goddam perfect or I am punished forever?

They all just want to make me hurt so they can call me evil and play the good guys. There ARE NO FUCKING GOOD GUYS AND ANYONE PUSHING THIS GOOD VS EVIL BULLSHIT IS ONLY OUT FOR MONEY! They will turn on you - and move the goalposts even more until you fall in their fucking self righteous trap. Hypocrites!!!!!!
 

Andrew J

Well-Known Member
Fuck you to the scammer(s) who are probably from nigeria who scammed me earlier this year. It was an awful scam that feels terrible and I think has done some permanent damage to me. I hope they get discovered and end up in jail.

Also fuck you to my brother around that time for being such a jackass being wrong that I have a 100% chance of failure and just being a total bastard to me in the way was talking to me.

It felt like such a jackass christmas and I am glad that I'm through with it. On the bright side, least forex trading is going well for me and I am on the road to success in that and am in a decent financial situation.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top