If a therapist isn't experienced in ASPD ,they shouldn't be wasting your time ,,ASPD and BPD whats the difference ?
Ive pretty much figured myself out and all its left is a monster depression and guilt.
Is being overwhelmed with emotions and feelings an ASPD symptom ?.
I've realised that waste feeling in myself ,very dangerous,,all my self help for nothing, made me worse .as on guy I listen to ,,he calls it mental masterbation .
ASPD is quite different to BPD but they both fall into the cluster B category. I requested my file through the freedom of information act a few years back.
ASPD can't be diagnosed before age 18 and before then there must be a consistent pattern of conduct disorder, e.g. starting fights, starting fires, stealing, cruelty to animals, pathological lying. I was diagnosed at age 20 using the SCIID-II method and was court-ordered for treatment for a year. I was scored across the following 7 items:
1. grossly selfish
2. callous
3. irresponsible
4. impulsive
5. unable to feel guilt
6. inability to learn from experience and punishment
7. low frustration tolerance.
These are then examined in terms a personality-oriented factor and a behavior-oriented factor
So let's take the behaviour-oriented angle on some of the ASPD items to establish a pattern of disregarding others’ rights: Item 1 as expressed through a failure to conform, Item 4 as expressed through aggressiveness and Item 3 & 5 as an expressed through reckless disregard. When I did the test you had to fulfill at least five of the following seven behaviors but I think with the DSM-V it's at least three:
1.Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors, as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent or rationalizing
Ain't I just a wonderful human being?
