Thriving under extreme stress and difficult cirumstances...

Have Hope

Well, I was initially going to be fired, then laid off, and now I am still employed three weeks later, and I have to give myself some kudos! I am really thriving now, even under the stress of possibly losing my job at any moment and even with all the political BS that is going on underneath the surface at work. I know my boss has been saying negative things about me to the CEO, trying to get me fired or laid off, but I am shining right now.... and I can actually hardly believe it since normally, I would crumble and call in sick every now and again under the stress of it all.

But no, I am rising to the occasion, I am still working very very hard, and I am showing my dedication and passion to the tasks at hand and at making my clients succeed, each and every day!

If they cannot see that, then they really are blind... I think they would be foolish to let me go. But that's just my opinion of course! LOL. The CEO told me I am the highest paid in my dept with a light client load.... well, others in my dept have lost clients, but I've retained all my clients in the last year plus. Shouldn't that say something?

Anyways, I'm a bit proud of myself on this one. I rarely congratulate myself, but I think it's deserved. I feel good about my work ethic, and about the quality of work I am producing. Yay me!

BTW, I hope I posted this in the right forum. It's meant to help inspire others that it IS possible to still thrive, even when under duress.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Good for you on all counts....overcoming the negativity of others and seeing and believing in your true value as an employee...hope that you treat yourself to a special coffee/smoothie at lunch :) And I'm not surprised at your ability to retain your clients which does require an incredible amount of effort, dedication and genuine enthusiasm and passion and patience as well I am sure.

Have Hope

Good for you on all counts....overcoming the negativity of others and seeing and believing in your true value as an employee...hope that you treat yourself to a special coffee/smoothie at lunch :) And I'm not surprised at your ability to retain your clients which does require an incredible amount of effort, dedication and genuine enthusiasm and passion and patience as well I am sure.
Thank you sooo much!!! It really does feel good!!

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
@Have Hope

Reading your statement, I cannot understand why they would want to let you leave the company. Unless it is about cutting labor costs, and if that is the case, than it is time for your manager to leave the company. When a company is looking at labor costs, most times they cut into the bone than into the fat: and they do not understand the differences between the two. If your cutting into the bone, you could be ending up with chopping the head from the body.

Have Hope

@Have Hope

Reading your statement, I cannot understand why they would want to let you leave the company. Unless it is about cutting labor costs, and if that is the case, than it is time for your manager to leave the company. When a company is looking at labor costs, most times they cut into the bone than into the fat: and they do not understand the differences between the two. If your cutting into the bone, you could be ending up with chopping the head from the body.
Thanks! I have learned in the last day that two clients have left our group/dept, but they were not my clients. If anything, the CEO should be scrutinizing the people who are losing clients, which does not include myself as of to date. BUt I wouldn't want anyone else on my team to be let go, either.... that would suck. I'm in limbo... we're all in limbo until the CEO decides to say something to me again.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Thanks! I have learned in the last day that two clients have left our group/dept, but they were not my clients. If anything, the CEO should be scrutinizing the people who are losing clients, which does not include myself as of to date. BUt I wouldn't want anyone else on my team to be let go, either.... that would suck. I'm in limbo... we're all in limbo until the CEO decides to say something to me again.
@Have Hope

Getting the feedback with my coworkers, even that I am still on a medical leave, they and I agree: the United States will be entering a recession in 2020. With the foolish actions of a trade deal with America and China, the fact that a hard Brexit with the United Kingdom is going to be happening. I cannot really make any good judgments what you should be doing. Plus, this is going to happen in a election year. Going into a recession, during a election year, and have no clue what the new normal is going to be: it is really turning into a game of dice.

Have Hope

@Have Hope

Getting the feedback with my coworkers, even that I am still on a medical leave, they and I agree: the United States will be entering a recession in 2020. With the foolish actions of a trade deal with America and China, the fact that a hard Brexit with the United Kingdom is going to be happening. I cannot really make any good judgments what you should be doing. Plus, this is going to happen in a election year. Going into a recession, during a election year, and have no clue what the new normal is going to be: it is really turning into a game of dice.
Yeah... I know... I can't think about it. I am taking life literally day by day right now. I don't know if I will be laid off at the end of each week, so again this Friday, I have NO clue if the CEO is going to tell me goodbye and cya. I have to just hold onto any positives right now, which is that I am currently kicking butt.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Yeah... I know... I can't think about it. I am taking life literally day by day right now. I don't know if I will be laid off at the end of each week, so again this Friday, I have NO clue if the CEO is going to tell me goodbye and cya. I have to just hold onto any positives right now, which is that I am currently kicking butt.
If the company is having problems now, they are going to have major problems in 2020. It might be best to cut and run. Do not quit outright until you get a new job. It is better to leave a company on your terms then say, yes, I worked at this company until will went bankrupt

Have Hope

If the company is having problems now, they are going to have major problems in 2020. It might be best to cut and run. Do not quit outright until you get a new job. It is better to leave a company on your terms then say, yes, I worked at this company until will went bankrupt
Thanks... I'm definitely looking!!!

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Hi @Have Hope

It looks like your company is beginning to struggle and is now looking for scapegoats. As you're working hard and achieving positive results, that surely works in your favour as it shows you're performing extremely well. This could be used as good leverage should you start to give serious thought to switching jobs. Hopefully to a place that will appreciate your work ethics.

As others here have mentioned, putting in plans to get a job lined up elsewhere might not be a bad idea considering it doesn't look good at the direction which your current workplace is headed.

Have Hope

Hi @Have Hope

It looks like your company is beginning to struggle and is now looking for scapegoats. As you're working hard and achieving positive results, that surely works in your favour as it shows you're performing extremely well. This could be used as good leverage should you start to give serious thought to switching jobs. Hopefully to a place that will appreciate your work ethics.

As others here have mentioned, putting in plans to get a job lined up elsewhere might not be a bad idea considering it doesn't look good at the direction which your current workplace is headed.
Hi and thank you so very much for your kind thoughts! I have finished interviewing with one company, I may have another interview, but I've been stalled because I had to study for the last week plus for a certification exam. Now I can get right back on the job search. I will definitely be leaving!!!

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Hi and thank you so very much for your kind thoughts! I have finished interviewing with one company, I may have another interview, but I've been stalled because I had to study for the last week plus for a certification exam. Now I can get right back on the job search. I will definitely be leaving!!!
@Have Hope

It looks to be clear your leaving your company. What you have told me about your current employment, I am not going to be objecting about leaving.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
but I've been stalled because I had to study for the last week plus for a certification exam
Maybe not call it stalling, but view it as giving yourself more firepower for the job hunting.

Best of luck with your search, hope you'll find something suitable soon.

Have Hope

The way I view it, keeping yourself updated, and willing to learn new approaches demonstrates a sense of progessiveness and drive which is a quality most companies should be looking for when hiring.
Yes absolutely. I have like 4 professional certifications now.. I do one almost every year and am due for one again.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Well, it could take months. I have to find another job first.... Ahhh...
Better to be sure your new employment works for you. Many people rush into a new job without understanding what their new employment will be like. They may hate the employment they have so much, they run into a new employment equal or worse than what they are running away from.

Have Hope

Better to be sure your new employment works for you. Many people rush into a new job without understanding what their new employment will be like. They may hate the employment they have so much, they run into a new employment equal or worse than what they are running away from.
Oh, don't I know that issue well. Seems to always be the case for me. I've never had the luxury of choice. I've always had to take the very next offer. UGH.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Oh, don't I know that issue well. Seems to always be the case for me. I've never had the luxury of choice. I've always had to take the very next offer. UGH.
Well, your working right now, so you have the luxury of finding a new employment, and can be judgmental about your employment with a new company.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00