To die for love

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anon 2day, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon 2day

anon 2day New Member

I know this is completely crazy, but I came out of a failed relationship over six months ago, and since we broke up I've felt increasingly suicidal, I've felt this way for months, it's not getting any better. I was absolutely devastated. It might have been okay but he broke off all contact and wouldn't even be friends. It's losing the emotional bond that hurts the most. I cared and do care about him really deeply, and what hurts is that he doesn't care at all. He's happily moved on psychologically. It's so cruel and he's been so manipulative. We went out for years and he kept going on about a future and family and children and a home together. When I said I couldn't see a future without him he said you'll be okay, have a nice day.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

* hugs *

I'm sorry about your relationship with him ended. And I'm sorry you're struggling this bad with moving on. It's not easy and getting over this can actually be close to grieving.
    Don't be alone with this, don't let it take over your entire life. Maybe you need some more professional help to get on with your life.

Hold on, don't give up. If you need to talk I'm willing to listen!
  3. anon 2day

anon 2day New Member

Hi, it's crazy really, I've been out with people and split up lots of times before, but it's never had this impact, never left me so depressed
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am so sorry you have been left heartbroken. You said he was manipulative, if he was then maybe you are better off without him and do better than him. I think you are very brave to open up about this and air your thoughts, you deserve nothing but the best and I think you will be able to move on and find someone else and start a family. Have you thought about getting counselling to help you deal with all of this? I think that would be a good idea *hugs*
  5. I know exactly how you're feeling. The person I've been with for so long has left me too. You're not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.