• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Very angry

sadhart

SF Supporter
#22
Hey it's not rambling. It's ok to talk about what's going on.


That sounds like it could be good, I hope you like it. :)

It was okay. The hours I went didn't have a lot of people in attendance and so I had to share during the meeting which can be hard to do, especially if I don't really have much to say in relation to the topic.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#24
So what you say has to be very specific to alcohol?
Well, the thing is, usually, someone comes up with a topic to discuss. For the first meeting, the topic was gratitude. The second one was a little complex in that someone brought up how they were thinking about past members of AA who are no longer alive and just remembering what they did for them. But in both cases, yes, what you say has to stay in relation to alcohol for the most part.
 

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
#25
@sadhart — sounds like those meetings could draw lots of feelings, memories, and new thoughts. I’m glad you went. You set the goal and carried it through. That’s excellent and you can be pleased with yourself for that! :) I imagine connecting things to alcohol can become a bit challenging depending on the topic. But that would be why so many different things could come out of going. Again, excellent of you to do it! *hug
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#26
@sadhart — sounds like those meetings could draw lots of feelings, memories, and new thoughts. I’m glad you went. You set the goal and carried it through. That’s excellent and you can be pleased with yourself for that! :) I imagine connecting things to alcohol can become a bit challenging depending on the topic. But that would be why so many different things could come out of going. Again, excellent of you to do it! *hug
I am trying to get back into going to more in person meetings after two years of having to do them mostly over zoom.

I went out this morning because a couple of local stores were opening early. It was hard though. Same reasons as other times going out.

You know...it really hurts living and doing so not bring worth love and acceptance. And yes, I know I say that alot and yes,maybe I will say it ten years from now. But I don't know how to ignore it or pretend that I'm not hurting over past rejections or other painful things. I really hate life because I can buy stuff all day but the thing I desire most will never be possible.

I'm sorry for continuing to be negative like this. But it's hard holding all this in.
 
#27
I am trying to get back into going to more in person meetings after two years of having to do them mostly over zoom.

I went out this morning because a couple of local stores were opening early. It was hard though. Same reasons as other times going out.

You know...it really hurts living and doing so not bring worth love and acceptance. And yes, I know I say that alot and yes,maybe I will say it ten years from now. But I don't know how to ignore it or pretend that I'm not hurting over past rejections or other painful things. I really hate life because I can buy stuff all day but the thing I desire most will never be possible.

I'm sorry for continuing to be negative like this. But it's hard holding all this in.
It's interesting to me that we all feel like we have to apologize for having negative thoughts, even though this is a depression and suicide forum. You are allowed to say how you feel!

I think it's great you are going to meetings. And please do not assume you are not worthy of love and acceptance - everyone is, and so are you. Everyone deserves love. If we don't get it, it really doesn't mean anything as it can just be our circumstances or our fears/social anxiety. Our outer personality/charm isn't a choice we make. Who wouldn't choose to be liked and loved? We are all way too worried what others think. You are allowed to exist whether or not others validate your existence. You are among friends here *hug
 
#28
But in both cases, yes, what you say has to stay in relation to alcohol for the most part
Since feeling like other people are worthy of love and acceptance but that you're not, and also having a lot of bad memories are issues for you, maybe you could talk about them. I'm guessing that those are things that led you to drink in the first place, and that the topic might resonate with a lot of other members.

I feel like if a meeting focused on a subject that you wanted to talk about, that might help a lot.
 
Last edited:

Waves

Well-Known Member
#30
Have you ever found that when you do let loose and talk about yourself people are not interested? I don’t get it. Damned if we don’t and damned if we do talk about ourselves.

I personally see the bottom line is finding people or someone that is similar to us. That is hard when we have so many different attributes. How to get your values, hobbies, temperament, economics, education, culture etc to match another is really challenging. And then to actually find each other.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#31
Since feeling like other people are worthy of love and acceptance but that you're not, and also having a lot of bad memories are issues for you, maybe you could talk about them. I'm guessing that those are things that led you to drink in the first place, and that the topic might resonate with a lot of other members.

I feel like if a meeting focused on a subject that you wanted to talk about, that might help a lot.
Bringing up a topic in an AA can be a bit tricky, particularly since there are others in the room just as eager to bring something up too. Really, I can only think of a handful of times in the last eight years I did bring up a topic.
 

Waves

Well-Known Member
#32
Bringing up a topic in an AA can be a bit tricky, particularly since there are others in the room just as eager to bring something up too. Really, I can only think of a handful of times in the last eight years I did bring up a topic.
Yes. There are group dynamics that people who are not experienced with such groups do not understand. Thank you for shedding light on this so that people can understand that getting so called help is very frustrating and sometimes hurtful. It is not a textbook experience.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#33
Yes. There are group dynamics that people who are not experienced with such groups do not understand. Thank you for shedding light on this so that people can understand that getting so called help is very frustrating and sometimes hurtful. It is not a textbook experience.
No, it's my fault for not explaining meetings better.
 

ib4uib

Well-Known Member
#35
I'm sorry, but the way you say that makes me feel as though I'm not trying to improve or better myself. I do my best to take what you and others have said here, but I can't just ignore certain things. I don't know....it's like if emotions require stamina, I just get exhausted easily or something. So I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record posting, but I'm doing what I can. just doesn't feel like enough.
Firstly stop saying sorry.

I like you that's why I reply every now and then.

Secondly, I could come over all false and be full of empathy. Write stuff like... I'm sorry you feel that way, or don't worry mate it will be better one day, or quote stuff form Winston Churchill like 'if you're going through hell, keep going'

But that's not me, and I've been where you are and was there for just over 10 years. I heard how I should be and think from therapists, I buzzed off there drugs, and nothing worked because there is no magic fix.

One thing that is different about you from me though, and maybe it's my fault for failing to understand this, but I'm not going to say sorry.
You seem to worry a lot about what people think of you, yet everything we have ever chatted about on here only ever gives me the impression you are a nice chap. Why do you care so much about what people think of you?
You've never been rude on here, you've never swore or thrown a fit, yet you're constantly beating yourself up most of the time.

Why can't you understand you are a nice person, and why can't you understand a lot of people are not nice people.

Stop hanging with the arseholes, I know you might have to work with them but that's all it is, 'work'

Stop letting people take the piss and mugging you off. Understand this is what people do cuz they are lazy and controlling, it doesn't mean you have to be rude, just do your job and fkcu there job.
Let them screw it up and get the sack.

Outside of work mix with people like yourself, you'll find these people at places you like going, like the games conference you went to or worried about going too.

Treat the people on the roads the same, you don't have to drive like a nutter but understand the roads are as much yours as they are there's.

You can overthink everything for years if you wish to stay here for years, your life is your time to do with as you wish.

One thing I know about you that lays deep down inside of me, if anybody on this planet deserves to be happy then it's you. But I can't sit here and blow smoke up your arse, you're the only one that has the key to unlock all of this and move forward in comfort. Like I've said before life isn't forever, you can choose how you wish to spend whatever time you have dedicated to your life on this planet.

Until you start realising you are not a bad bloke and challenging yourself every time you listen to that little voice we all have within us, saying that you're a loser or just no good, then nothing will change until you challenge this.
It takes an energy to challenge yourself, and I'm afraid that using this energy is the only magic fix you will ever find that gets you out of this hole.

*hi5
 

alchemist

Well-Known Member
#36
Thank you for your kind words. It's hard to love myself, but I'm trying to at least be okay with myself.

Yesterday was a bit difficult. Went out in the late afternoon, which was dumb being it was the night before Thanksgiving. But there was a sale on something I wanted and apparently only one store in my area had only one copy available (video game). I felt so inadequate as there were a few couples in the store. I know that sounds pathetic but it hurt.

Then, I just felt bad the rest of the night. Not so much over the store thing, but just in general. I wasn't sure how I would deal with today, and I still don't, but I decided to go to this thing called an alkathon, which is a marathon of AA meetings throughout the day. I nearly talked myself out of it, but here I am. I'm glad to have gone. I thought about going to the movies, but maybe not as I don't think anything playing interests me.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.
loving yourself is suppose to be hard and i'm sure it's a difficult thing for many people here.
that isn't to trivialise it, but it's central to all people who have deep-seeded problems.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#37
Firstly stop saying sorry.

I like you that's why I reply every now and then.

Secondly, I could come over all false and be full of empathy. Write stuff like... I'm sorry you feel that way, or don't worry mate it will be better one day, or quote stuff form Winston Churchill like 'if you're going through hell, keep going'

But that's not me, and I've been where you are and was there for just over 10 years. I heard how I should be and think from therapists, I buzzed off there drugs, and nothing worked because there is no magic fix.

One thing that is different about you from me though, and maybe it's my fault for failing to understand this, but I'm not going to say sorry.
You seem to worry a lot about what people think of you, yet everything we have ever chatted about on here only ever gives me the impression you are a nice chap. Why do you care so much about what people think of you?
You've never been rude on here, you've never swore or thrown a fit, yet you're constantly beating yourself up most of the time.

Why can't you understand you are a nice person, and why can't you understand a lot of people are not nice people.

Stop hanging with the arseholes, I know you might have to work with them but that's all it is, 'work'

Stop letting people take the piss and mugging you off. Understand this is what people do cuz they are lazy and controlling, it doesn't mean you have to be rude, just do your job and fkcu there job.
Let them screw it up and get the sack.

Outside of work mix with people like yourself, you'll find these people at places you like going, like the games conference you went to or worried about going too.

Treat the people on the roads the same, you don't have to drive like a nutter but understand the roads are as much yours as they are there's.

You can overthink everything for years if you wish to stay here for years, your life is your time to do with as you wish.

One thing I know about you that lays deep down inside of me, if anybody on this planet deserves to be happy then it's you. But I can't sit here and blow smoke up your arse, you're the only one that has the key to unlock all of this and move forward in comfort. Like I've said before life isn't forever, you can choose how you wish to spend whatever time you have dedicated to your life on this planet.

Until you start realising you are not a bad bloke and challenging yourself every time you listen to that little voice we all have within us, saying that you're a loser or just no good, then nothing will change until you challenge this.
It takes an energy to challenge yourself, and I'm afraid that using this energy is the only magic fix you will ever find that gets you out of this hole.

*hi5
Maybe you're right about all of this. But you know....I'm just tired. I'm tired of trying and I'm tired of hurting. So I'm just really done. Guess I'm not as strong as you assumed.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#38
loving yourself is suppose to be hard and i'm sure it's a difficult thing for many people here.
that isn't to trivialise it, but it's central to all people who have deep-seeded problems.
Yeah, well, there lies the problem in that I hate everything about myself. So I guess I'm just sol.
 
#39
I understand you entirely. People have judged me in the past because im quiet and don't say alot.i don't know what to say tbh I'm always the one who people pick on because they see it as a weakness. It does my head in because I can't just change to be like everyone else
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#40
I've noticed that it is so draining for us who hate ourselves.
i have to - a little bit - disagree with ib4uib when they said they could, "come over all false and be full of empathy...". It's not false when I say I say I am sorry you feel this way. And Because for some of us we are at leaat at the moment stuck in a place where there's a need for empathy. I mean some of us are so tired & worn that the only bright spots are those of recieving some empathy & understanding.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top