• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
well this is my one year anniversary today. it was exactly one year today I quit smoking. I now consider myself an ex smoker. congradulations to all the people that quit before me and my best wishes and strength to all those trying now. I don't mean this to sound wrong but i'm proud of myself that I made it a whole year without 1 cig. mike
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
well this is my one year anniversary today. it was exactly one year today I quit smoking. I now consider myself an ex smoker. congradulations to all the people that quit before me and my best wishes and strength to all those trying now. I don't mean this to sound wrong but i'm proud of myself that I made it a whole year without 1 cig. mike
It's a fantastic achievement Mike! Well done *stars
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Great job Mike. *stars you've got plenty of reason to be proud. I think I'm on 7 months and change now so I'm catching up. You keep up the hard work. *bravo
7+ months is nothing to sneeze at you're doing a great job as well. you are an inspiration to others. you have this and I can't wait until we celebrate your 1 year anniversary, getting the balloons and cake ready now for you. mike
 

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
today is day 7 without a puff... early today - but feeling like going to make it without too many issues now - far more deciding to do it and committing to it as an obstacle- and to stop reaching for cig without thinking when make a cup of coffee or get in truck to go ride - hands reach without thinking about it until I remember that I am being a dumbass because am not smoking....
 

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
today is day 7 without a puff... early today - but feeling like going to make it without too many issues now - far more deciding to do it and committing to it as an obstacle- and to stop reaching for cig without thinking when make a cup of coffee or get in truck to go ride - hands reach without thinking about it until I remember that I am being a dumbass because am not smoking....
That's one of the major obstacles, overcoming that conditioned response, that "pavlov dogs" type of scenario where your mind is accustomed to associating smoking with certain activities. One of the thing I always suggest is to smoke up all your ciggies before you try to quit and then try to find ways of distraction when in situations that you are likely to smoke. it's all about mind occupation and trying to remain focused on the reasons why you want to quit and reminding yourself of those reasons when you're tempted.
 

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
That's one of the major obstacles, overcoming that conditioned response, that "pavlov dogs" type of scenario where your mind is accustomed to associating smoking with certain activities. One of the thing I always suggest is to smoke up all your ciggies before you try to quit and then try to find ways of distraction when in situations that you are likely to smoke. it's all about mind occupation and trying to remain focused on the reasons why you want to quit and reminding yourself of those reasons when you're tempted.

it is a little bit of challenge with 3 other smokers in house and cigs and lighters around ... If was easy wouldn't be worth talking about I guess ... thanks for your encouragement
 

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
it is a little bit of challenge with 3 other smokers in house and cigs and lighters around ... If was easy wouldn't be worth talking about I guess ... thanks for your encouragement

Yeah, I can imagine it can be one hell of a challenge. Whenever I dealt with clients who wished to give up smoking, beforehand I always told them to get rid of any ciggies, ashtrays, lighters so as to avoid any triggers. Also, if there were any other smokers around, I'd let them know that you're trying to give up and not to smoke around you or to leave any cigs etc lying around.

I've been smoke free for just over 3 months now.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top