• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Having one of those nights where i would gladly hand someone a full twenty, no questions asked, for a single cig. I hate getting that feeling, because somewhere inside me i know i probably wouldn't even enjoy it if i had it. But man, i want one.
I know that feeling I almost asked someone to sell me a cig more than once but if I got caught my wife would kill me lol. you have to keep going the course it does get better. how long have you quit for so far?
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Ahem...2 and a half years...
wow that's great. I'll think of myself as a non-smoker when I reach 1 year. which is next month. if you smoke now you could lose all that time so it's not worth it. i'll admit I smell second hand smoke and breath it in sometimes lol you have done great an example to everyone struggling. mike *hug
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
wow that's great. I'll think of myself as a non-smoker when I reach 1 year. which is next month. if you smoke now you could lose all that time so it's not worth it. i'll admit I smell second hand smoke and breath it in sometimes lol you have done great an example to everyone struggling. mike *hug
It helps to hear that actually. I feel kind of ashamed having nights like this after so long without, so what you say is reassuring.
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Per this thread I am past 6 months. I swear when I see someone smoking I could EAT THEM WHOLE so that craving is definitely still in existence somewhere out there but since I'm not around any smokers it doesn't come to fruition, if that makes sense. Until I see someone else smoking I rarely even think of it anymore and when I do it's very fleeting (usually only an actual minute or two).
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top