• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What’s for snack or tea time?🍎🫖

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thanks - hmm, either way is fine, maybe after is best actually. I love cherries....
Fresh cherries....the season is never long enough, lol.
I'll type it out here for you. It's on a site called www.PooksPantry.com.... Recipe Blog
You can look at pictures she posted that way. I'm going to write in a bit of baking shorthand here, let me know if any of it is unclear for you.
CHERRY CRUMB CAKE
"This sour cream cherry crumb cake is rich and buttery with a thick crumb topping and loaded with fresh cherries."
PREP TIME 20 minutes. COOK TIME 1 hour. TOTAL TIME 1 hour 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS:
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING Mix sugars and nutmeg or cinnamon with the salt
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Stir in the butter with a fork, mix in flour. Don't overmix
1/2 cup brown sugar as you want larger pieces and chunks to form for the
1/4 cup granulated sugar topping.
1/2 tsp fine salt
1 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon For me that's too much nutmeg....I was thinking about maybe using the cinnamon w/ a pinch of nutmeg as well
1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, melted

FOR THE CRUMB CAKE
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (6.4 oz/180 grams) + extra for the pan
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. fine sea salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened + extra for the pan
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs (she uses large)
1/2 cup sour cream ( she suggests full fat)
2 CUPS fresh cherries, pitted and halved... she suggests Bing (sweet as opposed to tart) but says any you care to use

Butter and flour pan. You can make a sling with 2 pieces of parchment paper if you like after flouring the pan. Combine the dry ingredients (4) with whisk.
Cream the butter and sugar.
Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream.
Mix in the dry ingredients.
Gently fold in the cherries.
Cover with the crumb mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees.
She says you can use a square or round pan but the pictures show having been baked in a square one.
It says cook time one hour but I'm going to be checking at 50 minutes.

*hi5Janis
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
@Livelife
There are a couple of special days coming up. I'm going to make it for the first one & then probably make it again.
I use baking shorthand too, even more-so when jotting stuff down for self.
Thanks again Janis.
:)
You're welcome.Have fun making and eating! Oops.....I noticed that some direction blended into the column of ingredients for Crumb Topping. It should read: Don't overmix as you want larger pieces and chunks to form for the topping
 
Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top