• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What’s for snack or tea time?🍎🫖

A handful of sunflower seeds and an extra big mug of coffee with a lot of cream.
@Livelife I love pumpkin seeds too. Haven’t been able to find any lately that are grown in the US.
:)Do you like them raw or roasted? Or both? I had bought a few pumpkins last fall for decorating and then took the seeds out to toast myself even though I usually eat nuts and seeds raw. It was fun few hours but turned into a little too much work, Lol.
I wonder if the location challenge is locally on your end or if it's everywhere.....I hadn't thought to look at US origination for seeds.... I usually read labels for organic and non gmo and stop there on packaged foods. One of the 2 brands I have in the house does also say China. The other says grown in the USA on it....
Thank you for the heads up.*thumbsup
 

dandelions

me
SF Supporter
:)Do you like them raw or roasted? Or both? I had bought a few pumpkins last fall for decorating and then took the seeds out to toast myself even though I usually eat nuts and seeds raw. It was fun few hours but turned into a little too much work, Lol.
I wonder if the location challenge is locally on your end or if it's everywhere.....I hadn't thought to look at US origination for seeds.... I usually read labels for organic and non gmo and stop there on packaged foods. One of the 2 brands I have in the house does also say China. The other says grown in the USA on it....
Thank you for the heads up.*thumbsup
hey Livelife, and @seabird , i hope you don’t mind my breaking into this conversation! i think its ok since i love both pumpkin and sunflower seeds. my only problem for the past few years is that i guess one of those features of no longer being young is that somehow crunched up seeds collect between my back teeth and cheeks and just feel so annoying and linger for hours no matter what i do.

but there are many fond memories and maybe from those days, while these were farmed in america, (but who knows?). but my favoritest memory of all is while i was still in my teens and we’d buy a huge halloween pumpkin which i’d carve with great care and the “prize“… the “treat”… was the joy of all those pumpkin seeds which i’d clean, wash, deslime etc and then fry in oil and salt until gloriously dark brown and crispy so that even the outside could be eaten. then for the next several days, since i was the one who loved them the most - i’d crunch away and you’d think i‘d get tired of them but not a chance and eventually all gone until next halloween. the good old days!!! any time or tea time, yum. couldn’t resist sharing….👽
 
hey Livelife, and @seabird , i hope you don’t mind my breaking into this conversation! i think its ok since i love both pumpkin and sunflower seeds. my only problem for the past few years is that i guess one of those features of no longer being young is that somehow crunched up seeds collect between my back teeth and cheeks and just feel so annoying and linger for hours no matter what i do.

but there are many fond memories and maybe from those days, while these were farmed in america, (but who knows?). but my favoritest memory of all is while i was still in my teens and we’d buy a huge halloween pumpkin which i’d carve with great care and the “prize“… the “treat”… was the joy of all those pumpkin seeds which i’d clean, wash, deslime etc and then fry in oil and salt until gloriously dark brown and crispy so that even the outside could be eaten. then for the next several days, since i was the one who loved them the most - i’d crunch away and you’d think i‘d get tired of them but not a chance and eventually all gone until next halloween. the good old days!!! any time or tea time, yum. couldn’t resist sharing….👽
That's a nice tasty memory to have:)The desliming was the labor intensive aspect....I was quite done after working on 5 pumpkins*hystericalbut I agree, the result was a couple of weeks worth of yum
 
Last edited:

dandelions

me
SF Supporter
wow, who makes those triangular rice balls anyway? wherever you go they look exactly the same down to the bar code yet you are on the west coast and I'm on the east. and there always is label over label and tell me if I'm wrong, but don't those labels get in the way of the mechanism for opening those damn (yet delicious treats)??? now I'm on my bed just finished therapy but wish I could be strolling down to the local Japanese supermarket 😢

now behind that ale in the background I see what looks like a really steep stairwell in what could almost be a NY subway - bannister and everything, but I know it's really another bar code. just had to mention... 👽
 

RCee

Well-Known Member
wow, who makes those triangular rice balls anyway? wherever you go they look exactly the same down to the bar code yet you are on the west coast and I'm on the east. and there always is label over label and tell me if I'm wrong, but don't those labels get in the way of the mechanism for opening those damn (yet delicious treats)??? now I'm on my bed just finished therapy but wish I could be strolling down to the local Japanese supermarket 😢

now behind that ale in the background I see what looks like a really steep stairwell in what could almost be a NY subway - bannister and everything, but I know it's really another bar code. just had to mention... 👽
They totally get in the way !
It’s Mitsuwa!! Lol They do have one in New Jersey over there. They have em all spread out over the nation.
Just a lot more in California

I live right across the street from a Japanese shopping center! They also have a Daiso.
probably one of the most delicious shopping center lol! 😂

that was a kobu omusubi
Was kelp.
I’ll have to make a video while I’m in there and send it to you haha . It will be like we went together.
I need to find me a Japanese friend to help me out with some things. 😂 sometimes I go in there and be like.. why not, let’s do this!
Yes!! OMG their salmon of all things so wonderful and cheaper! I am like wtf!
everything is usually way more expensive. Not the salmon shrug 🤷‍♀️

The triangle rice ball maker they got stuffed in the back 😂 he’s our man!

crazy thing ! They take half the store into the back at night. Lol literally around 6 pm they start unsticking the shelves 😂 craziest thing I ever seen
 

dandelions

me
SF Supporter
They totally get in the way !
It’s Mitsuwa!! Lol They do have one in New Jersey over there. They have em all spread out over the nation.
Just a lot more in California

I live right across the street from a Japanese shopping center! They also have a Daiso.
probably one of the most delicious shopping center lol! 😂

that was a kobu omusubi
Was kelp.
I’ll have to make a video while I’m in there and send it to you haha . It will be like we went together.
I need to find me a Japanese friend to help me out with some things. 😂 sometimes I go in there and be like.. why not, let’s do this!
Yes!! OMG their salmon of all things so wonderful and cheaper! I am like wtf!
everything is usually way more expensive. Not the salmon shrug 🤷‍♀️

The triangle rice ball maker they got stuffed in the back 😂 he’s our man!

crazy thing ! They take half the store into the back at night. Lol literally around 6 pm they start unsticking the shelves 😂 craziest thing I ever seen
yeah mitsuwa is across the river in NJ. but even the little shop in forest hills has the same ones. salmon is my fav... 😁 now I'm thinking ramen and tako yaki... yum. beer too of course. then later I could go for a sushi buffet. ( but gotta find a clever way to not eat all the rice and not let them know it - like stuff it in your pockets... 👽
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top