• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What book are you currently reading?

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Fact fullness by Hans Rosling
I really liked that book, I posted quite a few of the charts on one of the posts here to show that the world is actually getting a lot better (apart from climate change anyway) A similar book I like is "Why these are the best times ever" by Mark Juddery. I know many people will say life sucks, but life has always sucked and it's about how we deal with it I guess.
 

pooky

You are valuable
I really liked that book, I posted quite a few of the charts on one of the posts here to show that the world is actually getting a lot better (apart from climate change anyway) A similar book I like is "Why these are the best times ever" by Mark Juddery. I know many people will say life sucks, but life has always sucked and it's about how we deal with it I guess.
Yes, the world is getting better but at the expense of the environment that we are living in. The environment is getting worse. On the opposite side , many people are progressing. Life is full of struggles and opportunities and we have to be alert
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I think it's called Chrysalis, popped up in my Kindle feed. It's RPG fiction about someone called Anthony who dies and gets reincarnated in some kind of game has a worker hatchling ant and has to work hard to Level Up and gain new skills. I'm finding it surprisingly amusing and different enough to enjoy despite the weird premise, and had no idea fiction set in gaming worlds was even a thing until I ran into this!
 
This thread is depressing for me as I have not been capable of reading a book for several years.

Psychosis has destroyed my mind.
Some books (like the Comfort Book I mentioned) don't have to be read cover to cover. You can just open to any page. Also, maybe try reading 10 minutes a day.

I was a book-a-week reader for years but got out of the habit and am trying to pick it up again. Try watching a YouTube video about neuroplasticity- your brain has tremendous capacity to heal. Reading increases neuroplasticity - also crosswords, socializing, brain games, meditation.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top