• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What book are you currently reading?

Currently nothing. I am open for suggestions for something recent or less recent. I lije everything related to dystopian stuff, horror scifi and that kind of things. The last book i read was The Road from Cormack McCarthy, which i really liked a lot. I also enjoyed the 3 Body Problem a lot.
The Ruins by Scott Smith is a really good horror/sci-fi novel. Not dystopian, but still a riveting story, with apocalyptic potential πŸ˜€
 

Dante

Life-long ponderer.. and Git.
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I watched a show where the main character keeps making super obscure references like everyone should obviously get them, and one of them I so didn't get that I just had to find out what it was, so I am reading "Flowers for Algernon".
 

Dante

Life-long ponderer.. and Git.
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I watched a show where the main character keeps making super obscure references like everyone should obviously get them, and one of them I so didn't get that I just had to find out what it was, so I am reading "Flowers for Algernon".
 

Dante

Life-long ponderer.. and Git.
SF Pro
SF Supporter
There was a show I watched a while back where the main character kept making super obscure references as if anyone should get them, and there was one I just didnt get, and decided to investigate, so I am reading "Flowers for Algernon"
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I watched a show where the main character keeps making super obscure references like everyone should obviously get them, and one of them I so didn't get that I just had to find out what it was, so I am reading "Flowers for Algernon".
I had to read that for a class at university and found it so good that I kept it instead of selling it at the end of term.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
if this is a repeat from the other book thread, mi scusi. I'm reading Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies By Tara Schuster. Over in the fiction genre, The Late Lord Thorpe by Peter Grainger, and Northwind by JD Kirk.
 
Last edited:

puffymilk

making the bed
SF Supporter


I'm currently reading this because I've been listening to her a lot. I love that she's someone I can so much relate to. She's not that loud female rocker, instead she's shy, doesn't talk much, is more of a loner, very quiet and she's just over there writing all these beautiful rock songs. I love her.
 
I love that book! When i was a kid, there was this Call of the Wild animation film i saw like 50 times. I later read the book too and liked it a lot and Jack Londons writings in general. He has a really good short story of a man getting stuck in the freezing cold in Alaska.
I finished it a few days ago, and all I can say is how the hell did it take me so long to get around to reading this! Especially considering I spent one summer working in Alaska (Denali NP)

Incredibly powerful writing, reading it was a transcendent experience. I can see why it is so highly regarded.

I'm now reading
1731704343509.jpeg
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top