• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What book are you currently reading?

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
So I'm half way through Dean Koontz's Forest of Lost Souls. It's got a bit more interesting I guess, but it's predictable Koontz nonsense πŸ˜‚
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I finished the Koontz book, it was predictable, preachy and pretty boring but maybe I'm getting picky in my old age, I couldn't finish Stephen King's Holly last year as I just thought, she likely wins, I don't need to feel the slightest suspense here.

But now I am starting the Edge of Collapse Series by Kyla Stone. 2600 pages of post apocalyptic fare. I really do like starting things more than ending them, so with this I'll still be kind of at the beginning even after a few marathon days πŸ˜‚ I have read a few series on Amazon and eventually get bored, but I enjoyed the early parts at least and have actually finished some of the ones, that didn't drag it on for like 25 volumes....
 

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
IMG_20250119_173449362.jpg
The storyline is good so far, though I've only just started the book, 200 pages in out of 800. I like the way it weaves the court of thorns and roses series into this book, where it last left off (a spectacular series, in its own right, and probably my second favorite). BUT there are a LOT of incredibly graphic sex scenes, with some VERY detailed descriptions. I could definitely have lived my entire life without knowing how someone's b***s slapped and tickled someone's a** on the impact of the thrust. Dare I say, that's going a bit too far for me. Another issue I have with it is the constant foul language, as if some of these characters can't live without cursing after every other word. It takes away from the story, and honestly, also seems a bit unrealistic. I can't, personally, even imagine High Fae Lords, with their radiant beauty, elegance, and grace, saying something like: "F*** you", "f***ing this," and "f***ing that" every few minutes. It makes it unrealistic to me in some sense that they would speak that way. Not exactly the element of elegance and grace.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top