• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What book are you currently reading?

@lonely Hiker, I'm reading Kitchen Confidential, too!

I'm also reading...
Beloved by Toni Morrison
Buddhism Plain and Simple by Steve Hagen
The Tao of Daily Life by Derek Lin
Kitchen Confidential is required reading for anyone who's spent ANY time working in the restaurant biz....

A fascinating and entertaining memoir..


I miss the guy every day 😢
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
One Second After. William R. Forstchen. A end of the world as we know it, shit hits the fan book about showing the possible results of 3 thermonuclear warheads exploded hundreds of miles up in the atmosphere over the United States, Japan and Northern Europe and what might happen because of what the electromagnetic pulse would do to everything electrical and computerized which first world countries rely on.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors by James Hornfischer. I read it once before years ago. One of the few books that is in depth about the only major battle my dad was in when he served in the Navy in WWII, he was in action a few times under fire but no real danger, but in the Battle of Samar his ship the USS Gambier Bank was sunk and he was adrift in the water for two days until rescued. The only US aircraft carrier sunk by gunfire during the war.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top