What causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are triggering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really.. Are the assaulters insane themselves?.. they're own childhood trauma?..

Maybe its soemthing terrible that hapenend to them in they're childhood while they're brains were still developing..

But what does that make those rapist? animals?

There should be help for those sick beasts before they dammage someone elses life and have screwed up but good..

And molesters sicken me most of all...... What on earth is going through they're minds.. when they see a little kid infront of them.. and they want to "do" things with that child.. I realy wish there was a death penalty in the US for molesters..

N

non_existence

Re: What causes people to sexually assault?..

I believe that the assaulters actually deserve just as much compassion & sympathy as the victims. For someone to do such a thing their mind must be extremely deluded, selfish & filled up with all kinds of deep suffering. Such people have never had a single moment of real, healthy happiness in their entire lives.

Really.. Are the assaulters insane themselves?.. they're own childhood trauma?..

Maybe its soemthing terrible that hapenend to them in they're childhood while they're brains were still developing..

But what does that make those rapist? animals?

There should be help for those sick beasts before they dammage someone elses life and have screwed up but good..

And molesters sicken me most of all...... What on earth is going through they're minds.. when they see a little kid infront of them.. and they want to "do" things with that child.. I realy wish there was a death penalty in the US for molesters..

claycad

I am stuck on this debate. If a person has thoughts of raping or molesting, they should not be thought of as a disgusting person, they should be shown compassion. When a person acts on those impulses, then it is different. One of the things that make human beings the most superior of all life on this planet is our ability to have control over our impulses. I believe that all humans can control any impulses they have. Some just choose not too. That is what makes a bad person a bad person. If a person thinks about molesting a child he is not a bad person for having those thoughts. When that person acts on those thoughts, they are then a bad person and deserve very little compassion if any in my opinion. I agree, once a person begins to act on impulses of molestation or rape, they should be put to death pending a guilty verdict, at very least life in prison as not to create more victims.

As for why a person does it. I think mostly, not always, but mostly rape is about power. Having that kind of control over anther human being is powerful enough that some people choose to satisfy their impulses for that desire instead of control them. I think most molesters were probably molested themselves. I think they may do it to other children out of revenge for what happened to them or because their minds never developed sexually past the period they were molested, so they remain sexually attracted to other children who are around the age they were when they were molested. These doesn't mean that all children who were molested become molestors themselves, this would depend on many other circumstances in the childs development. They choose to satisfy there impulses instead of choosing not too. I think that rapists and molesters know that what they are doing is wrong; they just choose not to care. This is what makes a bad person, one who knows what they do is wrong, but doesn't care. Granted, I'm sure there are cases where people do not understand right from wrong and thing that rape is appropriate sexual behavior, but in general this is not the case.

Although I believe that a sexual predator can be rehabilitated, this can't happen in all cases and there is no way to tell how effective their rehabilitation was, so therefore for the publics safety, I believe that all sexual predators proven guilty should be put to death, or at very least life in prison with no parole.

These are just my opinions, and I am sure there are many other reasonable explinations up for debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

non_existence

One of the things that make human beings the most superior of all life on this planet is our ability to have control over our impulses. I believe that all humans can control any impulses they have. Some just choose not too.
I think it's a bit more subtle than that though: human beings have the potential for amazing self-control, but this is actually a skill that must be developed. Haven't you ever noticed this in your own life, when you don't want to do something but you still do it anyway because the habit or craving is too strong? it's like going against an addiction, it takes effort and its not that easy. I saw a documentary on drug addiction, and they interviewed all these (formerly) pregnant women who could NOT stop themselves from doing crack even (something like) 7 months into the pregnancy when they knew full well the dangers it could do to their children. People are very quick to judge them as irresponsible and stuff, but I agree with the psychologists & others who argue that those women actually didn't have any control, it was more of a disease that controlled them.

When that person acts on those thoughts, they are then a bad person and deserve very little compassion if any in my opinion. I agree, once a person begins to act on impulses of molestation or rape, they should be put to death pending a guilty verdict, at very least life in prison as not to create more victims.
I would never, under any circumstance agree to a death penalty. It's enough to put them in prison for life where they can't do any more harm, and gives them an opportunity for self-healing. I really can't imagine any reason whatsoever for the death penalty, that would actually be much worse than the original crime itself [especially since the original crime was impulsive, whereas giving a sentence results after careful logical thinking instead of impulse]

In general, every action should be motivated by universal-unconditional compassion for everyone, hence pure compassion towards even rapists, molestors & Hitlers, ...

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love, this is the eternal rule"

amylou

In my opinion the assulters dont deserve any compassion or sympathy atall what they need is locking up. Thats what Id of liked to see done to some people.

R

reborn1961

Keep in mind that the "experts" state that rape/molest is an act of rage/violence vs sexual. There is a need for control over the victim and often a sense of revenage for something that is bothering them.

I personally do believe a person with those thoughts/action are mentally ill and in some cases require therapy. However, once acts have been completed such as rape/molest I do believe in justice. Any one that breaks certain laws such as assualt, murder, kidnapping etc probably have a screw loose anyway to consider such things. I am not certain all can be rehablitated and in some cases I do believe in the death penalty. Each case is different so I don't want to state that across the board but we all have heard of cases in the news that are so gruesome that we wish them dead.

Just my two cents for whatever its worth.

I would say rape is definatly a control type of thing, it's like they feel biug and bad and untouchable because of the power.

Why people fantisize about children, because they are sick, and they NEVER stop, they need to be behiund bars and supervised. And preooven that there is no recovery for that, most go back even after prison and very few stop, but they still think about it and who knows when they'd see a kid, kidnap the kid and have a "relapse"

- That's all I have to say about that :( -

Many hugs,
Carolyn.

allofme

Staff Alumni

i find this entire thread painful for me

i do believe it has a right to be here ... to put a deaf ear or blind eye to such actions only gives "passive permission" to the action

for the most part ... yes ... studies show that molesters were in high percentages molested themselves...

as mentioned above ... i have empathy.. and great compassion for abused ppl..

BUT

once an abused becomes and abuser... my compassion is then given to the victim ....

as for not acting on impulse.. well yeah i over eat.. i may sleep in ... i may do a lot of things that are not in MY best interest... but i have no right to do what is AN ACT OF VIOLANCE on another person...

i was severely abused... to the point that a great deal of my life still remains locked deep within the recesses of my mind... i have in adulthood been the victim of road rage ... and road incompetence. to the point where i am now disabled .... but to say that i should be understood and given a smack on the wrist and told not to be bad any more ... after i get in my car and deliberately run down a bus load of school children is repulsive.....

NO at the point where i aim my car at those children .. and put my foot on the gas.. is when my time for being "handled with kit gloves" has ended...

once i hurt another i am a criminal and should be treated like one...
sure i feel sorry for the child within that was abused.. i have sympathy for the twisted mind that was deformed at birth or void of the proper maturity...

but i at that time deserve to be locked up and not let out.. once i cross a line that almost always is .."a point of no return" i have surrendered my freedom and i should never be given the ability to harm another again...

there is a time when the thoughts are just thoughts... when a potential predator knows that he or she has urges to abuse another.. AT THAT POINT THE ABUSER MAKES A CHOICE....

you choose to get help.. to DO WHAT IS NECESSARY to insure the SAFETY of society.... or YOU CHOOSE SELF SATISFACTION...

i think there should be a place where POTENTIAL predators could go .. to get therapy... to live ... away from children.. or women .. men .. what ever you see as your potential victim... and your life can be productive...

but i am sorry once you have crossed the line ... i am not sure i think you deserve to be around children again...

and to those who are an offender of "only" your family members.(and there are some ppl who only offend against their family) .. now that your children are grown and no longer at risk ... and you have made peace with them ... you should know that studies show... that it is now your grandchildren who are at risk.... from you

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Re: What causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are trigger

Hells bells Allofme, I don't think I've ever been so in tune with anyone as i was with your post.

Couldn't agree more if I tried. Every word struck an answering chord in me.

The child must be protected at all cost!!!!!

Re: What causes people to sexually assault?WARNING:Contains post that are triggering!

i totally believe the child should be protected at all costs. i also happen to believe that the soul that hurts a child delibertly like this deserves nothing but death and a slow and painful one at that. respect is earned period!!

i was raped at the age of five and by the time i was seven i came to believe he deserved nothing less than death. i would have killed him myself and actually had planned on it but he passed away before i got big enough to do it. some may think lucky for me, maybe so, but i never got the satisfaction of making him pay for what he did to me. i have sinse taken some solice in the fact that he is going to have to account to the big guy upstairs and He can make him pay far worse than i ever could have.

i find this entire thread painful for me

i do believe it has a right to be here ... to put a deaf ear or blind eye to such actions only gives "passive permission" to the action

for the most part ... yes ... studies show that molesters were in high percentages molested themselves...

as mentioned above ... i have empathy.. and great compassion for abused ppl..

BUT

once an abused becomes and abuser... my compassion is then given to the victim ....

as for not acting on impulse.. well yeah i over eat.. i may sleep in ... i may do a lot of things that are not in MY best interest... but i have no right to do what is AN ACT OF VIOLANCE on another person...

i was severely abused... to the point that a great deal of my life still remains locked deep within the recesses of my mind... i have in adulthood been the victim of road rage ... and road incompetence. to the point where i am now disabled .... but to say that i should be understood and given a smack on the wrist and told not to be bad any more ... after i get in my car and deliberately run down a bus load of school children is repulsive.....

NO at the point where i aim my car at those children .. and put my foot on the gas.. is when my time for being "handled with kit gloves" has ended...

once i hurt another i am a criminal and should be treated like one...
sure i feel sorry for the child within that was abused.. i have sympathy for the twisted mind that was deformed at birth or void of the proper maturity...

but i at that time deserve to be locked up and not let out.. once i cross a line that almost always is .."a point of no return" i have surrendered my freedom and i should never be given the ability to harm another again...

there is a time when the thoughts are just thoughts... when a potential predator knows that he or she has urges to abuse another.. AT THAT POINT THE ABUSER MAKES A CHOICE....

you choose to get help.. to DO WHAT IS NECESSARY to insure the SAFETY of society.... or YOU CHOOSE SELF SATISFACTION...

i think there should be a place where POTENTIAL predators could go .. to get therapy... to live ... away from children.. or women .. men .. what ever you see as your potential victim... and your life can be productive...

but i am sorry once you have crossed the line ... i am not sure i think you deserve to be around children again...

and to those who are an offender of "only" your family members.(and there are some ppl who only offend against their family) .. now that your children are grown and no longer at risk ... and you have made peace with them ... you should know that studies show... that it is now your grandchildren who are at risk.... from you
I couldn't agree more if I typed it hun.... :hug:

:agreed:

~Carolyn.

So none of you think that the sickness the molesters and rapist have can be cured?..
I believe all sicknesses can be cured..
But this is a kind of sickness only the sickly can cure..
Its deep in they're head..

The only real cure is realizing in themselves they have control over they're actions, and they are passing pain along, when they could just end it and never think of it again..

Re: causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are triggering!

sorry T andrew

once someone has offended i believe even the research is very doubtful that there is hope of recovery.

it is infinitesimal... and to be frank .. i dont think with those odds they should be given the chance...

there needs to be a place for them and it should not be where they can harm another person..

i know it is difficult to think someone should lose their freedom.. but there comes a point where the greater good must be served..

there is no place on earth where all things are even, prefect or fair... so id i had to choose who should get the shitty end of the stick ... it would be the one who had the chance to do the right thing and screwed up...

and in all probabillity cant and wont stop ....

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Re: What causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are trigger

Hate to tell you this Andrew, but all the data on pedeophiles indicates that there is no cure.

I used to work with sexually abused kids and a by line of this work was also dealing with the perpetrators. All the psychiatrists in our team held little or no hope that they could change the abusers behaviour, and they were so damn damn clever at covering their tracks and true feelings.

Don't get me wrong, there were some who I did feel very sorry for. A number of them had been abused themselves.
We had one guy who had had himself chemically castrated and cried all the time about his terrible urges. What happened...he was caught grooming a kid in a playground. The urge was just too strong.

So my heart has to lie with the kids, who need our protection and intervention before they become abusers as well.

perhaps we need to find a place (like a desert island) where they can all go and live and be as perverse as they like, but have not contact with children.

ps: grooming (for anyone who doesn't know what it is) is when the pedeophile befriends the lonely child, gains their trust and then pounces.

ok, the first thing that I am going to say is that I didn't read all of the posts, so I'm sorry if this has already been said. i think that people sexually assault others because they are in pain and want others to feel pain as well. i know that is how alot of people think, they say "well, If I hurt, so should everyone else". thats just my opinion, so please don't get mad at me.

T

thinker

I started to write something here that could help to give you all some objectivity and depth on this subject, but then I decided my objectivity in this case will not be welcome and would probably do more harm than good to those of you reading. I don't know, maybe long-term good but short-term harm. I'm trying to get over my deeply engrained "honesty is always the best policy" programming. It isn't always, trust me. The realization of hidden truths can be as painful as anything else imaginable. If I tell you the truth, I stab you further. It's times like these that really get me down because it used to be that telling what I believed was true brought great joy and meaning to my life. Now I struggle with something like:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

How do I measure, quantify or compare the relative harm or project probabilties of harm or healing to you in telling what I know?

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni

Who says that the people who commit these crimes always do it on impulse?

Actually most paedophiles don't do it on impulse, they spend a long time grooming the victim before they pounce. It's a cold calculated act with no consideration for what it will do to the child.

My grandfather, who sexually abused me from the age of 7, was so clever at it. I watched him manipulate my second cousin as he prepared her for his attack.
Spent the whole holiday trying to keep her safe from him, a bit much for an 8 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00