What do you LIKE about your appearance?

I personally like my lips. They're the perfect size, I would say, not too small or too big. And naturally soft too, no need for a chapstick.
* walks fabulously away from this thread *

I'm not super buff or anything, though I do have more muscle definition than my peers. Was like this since I was at least 15; some guy even asked if I was an athlete haha. I also have a nice jawline and a symmetrical face.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I like that I look like my bio-mother. It was always something I wondered about when I was a kid, and we both got a huge kick out of it the first time we met. You’d know immediately that we’re related; we even have the same gap in our teeth.

It’s a small thing, I know it is, but the question of who you look like takes on a certain significance when you’re adopted. Maybe it represents all the other stuff you don’t know about yourself.

On top of that, I like that I apparently look nothing like my bio-father. I know very little about him, but what I do know sickens me and I don’t want to know more. I’m glad to have as little connection to him as possible, and glad that when she looks at me she doesn’t have to see his face.

LumberJack

I put on women’s clothing, and hang around in bars
I think I am gross, so I had to think about this. I get compliments on my smile, when it comes out of hiding, and I also get compliments on my, ummm, posterior. I have extremely strong glutes from being an avid cyclist when young, and now I do a ton of stairs. As a guy who is looking at the back half of middle age, getting compliments like that is pretty gratifying.

I really don't know. I've been called cute long time ago, pretty. But that's about it. I'd rather have someone, someday, say I was a kind and compassionate generous person who tried her best in life.

We can't change much about what we look like in the present moment. At my age, trying to build muscle with my health problems is just about impossible.

I guess we all need to feel good about how we look in some way out of respect for ourselves. ]

It reminds me of a recent short talk with my older son. I've given up on my hair and had been wearing a wig. I told him I don't care. He said well, you do, you're wearing earrings. I was like, well that's to distract from my jowels. He said, there you go, you are trying to be attractive. I said I have to look in the mirror sometimes lol. He said, no you don't... I kind of chuckle at that. He was right. I'm not really dressing up or making sure I look as best I can for myself but because other people have to look at me and I would like to look attractive in some way. But for me, at 55, my body looks worse than a 90 year olds. But it's just a body.

An optometrist told me I had an assymetrical face. I know what that means, so I asked him what is assymetrical on my face. Oh, your one eye is higher than the other. Talk about silly, for the rest of the day I kept trying to figure out if he was truthful looking in the mirror. I realized it's not my eye, it's one ear is lower than the other so my glasses always look cockeyed.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I really don't know. I've been called cute long time ago, pretty. But that's about it. I'd rather have someone, someday, say I was a kind and compassionate generous person who tried her best in life.

We can't change much about what we look like in the present moment. At my age, trying to build muscle with my health problems is just about impossible.

I guess we all need to feel good about how we look in some way out of respect for ourselves. ]

It reminds me of a recent short talk with my older son. I've given up on my hair and had been wearing a wig. I told him I don't care. He said well, you do, you're wearing earrings. I was like, well that's to distract from my jowels. He said, there you go, you are trying to be attractive. I said I have to look in the mirror sometimes lol. He said, no you don't... I kind of chuckle at that. He was right. I'm not really dressing up or making sure I look as best I can for myself but because other people have to look at me and I would like to look attractive in some way. But for me, at 55, my body looks worse than a 90 year olds. But it's just a body.

An optometrist told me I had an assymetrical face. I know what that means, so I asked him what is assymetrical on my face. Oh, your one eye is higher than the other. Talk about silly, for the rest of the day I kept trying to figure out if he was truthful looking in the mirror. I realized it's not my eye, it's one ear is lower than the other so my glasses always look cockeyed.
I am compelled to post because of this quoted response. i offer no advice; only thoughts as they apply to me. maybe it will resonate with others.

yikes, where to begin? i do believe there is not a face on the planet that is symetrical. i know mine is way way off and has gotten more so over the years. (i'm 71 btw).

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it is also in the face of the transmitter. people transmit their deepest feelings. with feelings that are sad, the beholder sees the sadness then loves that person or hates that person accordingly. convey any other feeling, one extreme or another or anywhere in between and whatever that degree is, is how that person will convey something and that will greatly influence that they look to others. same goes for compassion and curelty. every feeling inside and the physical assymetry just makes the person more real and shining whatever it is that is going on in that person's 100%.

my mother looked sad. i guess she was sad inside. my father was most likely a narcissist yet he looked sad too. something more was obviously going on.

i had an uncle who had broken his jaw in the early 1900s. in those days it was not easy to get proper medical treatment and as a result he had to live with a deformed jaw for the rest of his life. it was only after his death that i found that out. but being a child born into an existing family, and he being so kind, i only ever knew him as looking nice. he was the relative i actually enjoyed seeing the most. i never even knew or saw his sadness. you knew what he wanted to convey and he did.

i only just recently realized that i had been brought up in a family that never used the word "love" toward those we loved. i am sure that that lack showed. now with this discovery i am trying to change that. i'm hoping that the love will show in my face. now that i know the importance of using the word, i can still make the change.

i also discovered that when i share what is going on in me, as something that i believe might resonate with someone else, half that time (at least), it is rejected as some kind of hostility. i'm hoping that now with my discovery that i actually can love, that the love will begin to shine through my otherwise cold exterior.

that is my take on how a person looks, as percieved by others as perceived by the self and as influence by facial assymetry. i have a feeling that a person can make their own appearance. as for one special physical attribute, i already posted it here i think. it is my grey naturally curling long hair! 👽

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00