• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What have you accomplished today?

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Did things I have been putting off for months -
1. Went to the bank to deposit a cheque for my son. For some reason I can't stand being inside a bank. Plus you have to wait in line for about 20 minutes.
2. Went to the Post Office and paid my rent and several bills. I put the bills in credit so I don't have to pay them while I'm away on holiday.
3. Went and bought some new clothes. I only do this when absolutely necessary. I tried on about 30 tops and only bought 4. Looking at myself in the mirror is pretty mortifying! :/ But atleast now I have a few nice things to take away with me.

P.S. Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor's, buy a new suitcase and some black leggings. Let's see how I go... :)
 
Last edited:

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
This isn't much but I just closed about half of my browser tabs I have been keeping open for, in some cases, months, without ever looking at them. Now I only have like 15 tabs and feel a lot less cluttered.
 

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So, yesterday I did what I said I would plus more! Went to the doctor's, got a new suitcase (dark teal) and 3 pairs of black leggings. It's winter tomorrow :(
I also got some shoes and two lightweight long sleeve tops. I got a discount on one of them because it was the last one and it had a pulled thread. Easily fixed but still worthy of a discount! Now after 3 consecutive days out shopping, my back is really sore :( Oh well...
Today I went to the pharmacy and got ALL of my medication for my trip! I think I'll need an extra bag for that alone! Seriously, how can one person need so much?? :o Now I rest and then pack later today. Everything is ready. My neighbours are keeping an eye on my house while I'm away and collecting my mail. They are honestly the BEST people. They mow my lawns for me. I used to pay them but for the last year or so they've refused to take any money. When I leave this house, I'm going to get them the most amazing thank you gift ever.
Clearly I talk a lot! Lol :D I'm going to start a Diary of my time away otherwise I'll just blab too much here!!! :)
 

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey @dugga :) I'm going up to the Gold Coast. I went up there 2 years ago and left the packing until the last minute so that's why I'm on top of things this time. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything :o
 

Prussia

SF Supporter
So this isn't something I've accomplished so much as a strategy my sister came up with for tracking those accomplishments visually.
How do you eat a whale?
One bite at a time.

So she drew a 'Whale of Adulting' on a piece of paper and stuck it on the wall. Every time she finished an adulting task, she'd fill in part of the whale and label it with the task. Some things took up more space because they were harder for her to do than others. Then she could actually see the progress she made and keep going.
You can change your whale to be anything that you struggle with.
I thought it was a clever idea and it might help someone else.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Left the house even though I didn't want to. Sure it was only to get snacks (which I don't really need) but I think I feel a bit better now.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top