1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was the last movie you saw 2.0?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by Flying Fox, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Gettysburg, just finished watching. It is cheesy yet so sad at the same time; I can't remember the last time I cried so much during a movie.

2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Mentioned in the Blanket Fort that I'd started watching The Darjeeling Limited the other weekend. Didn't finish it and still haven't for whatever reason, but I enjoy it as a fan of Wes Anderson films. We watched Pan's Labyrinth in my Pop Culture class more recently, but I'd seen it before. I liked it the first time I saw it years ago, but I drifted in and out of sleep a lot this time the first day and went home sick the second day so I barely saw any and mostly forget what happens anyway.

3. Girls Trip

4. baywasp

Finished it a while ago... one of my new favorites. The other day I watched Dead Poets Society which was pretty good.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  5. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Stranger Things, the first two episodes. Woohoo!

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

The Butler, almost made me cry, and not many movies can do that to me.

MisterBGone likes this.
  7. baywasp

Fight Club... first time actually finishing it. But I'd read the book so what happened didn't surprise me.

MisterBGone likes this.
  8. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

The Cloverfield Paradox, interesting movie. Still have 20 minutes to go though - got to get back to that. It is the third I think in the Cloverfield series - Cloverfield, 10 Cloverfield Lane and this one. The only movie I haven't seen is 10 Cloverfield Lane.

MisterBGone likes this.
  9. baywasp

In class we watched Night of the Living Dead recently. But the last movie I watched outside of class was Heathers.

10. gazjustgaz

gazjustgaz Lord Duckington II

The Shape of Water.
    It was weird and sweet, and tragic. But mostly weird, for me at least.

MisterBGone likes this.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

Just watched Mad Max: Fury Road.... love it everytime.

Witness! Makes me laugh when a War Boy says it

MisterBGone likes this.
  12. DrownedFishOnFire

Gattaca. Very cool movie.

Sevven and MisterBGone like this.
  13. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

I'm trying to remember....
    Maybe The karate kid?

14. gazjustgaz

The Battle of Algiers (1966)
    It's pretty good, if one can handle black and white

MisterBGone likes this.
  15. DrownedFishOnFire

Wind River.

A thriller for me as well as a powerful piece focusing on todays society towards native american. Not good for those easily triggered.

Flying Fox and gazjustgaz like this.
  16. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

The new Blade Runner movie. Great concept and started out strong but I would not watch it again. Has a few long scenes where nothing much happens to propel the story, very slow.

MisterBGone likes this.
  17. Sevven

Sevven Well-Known Member

Kingsman and Kingsman 2. I'm a few years behind, but if you haven't seen them, do! They're excellent!

18. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

This movie called Taxidermia. Holy crap was that weird.

19. baywasp

Either Fantastic Mr. Fox (in full) or Pontypool (parts of it, in my zombie class). Fantastic Mr. Fox was pretty good. I know I've said before (on this page even) that I'm a Wes Anderson fan. Pontypool was a cool concept, but the execution wasn't the best. Pretty dull at parts, which is why the professor fast-forwarded some of it.

20. gazjustgaz

The Death of Stalin. it was amusing it doesn't make me laugh or anything but it was certainly fun and memorable.
    now if I can get my hands on a decent copy of Danis Tanović's No Man's Land...