• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What's the one thing that made you smile today ?

This quote from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Yes, I sit here reading Hunter S. Thompson quotes.. He writes like a boss.


I had actual lulz at this :D

“I was so far beyond simple fatigue that I was beginning to feel nicely adjusted to the idea of permanent hysteria.”


This is funny too..

“Hallucinations are bad enough. But after awhile you learn to cope with things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth. Most acid fanciers can handle this sort of thing. But nobody can handle that other trip-the possibility that any freak with $1.98 can walk into the Circus-Circus and suddenly appear in the sky over downtown Las Vegas twelve times the size of God, howling anything that comes into his head. No, this is not a good town for psychedelic drugs.”
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have no idea what you just said lol.
Coinstar is a kiosk where you dump your coin jug and it counts it & spits out a receipt out for you to cash in your money. So Witty is saying she's got all kinds of coins and I'm telling her how to find a Coinstar.
Earlier we learned her up how to set up Paypal. We're having class on how to be a big people tonight.
 
Coinstar is a kiosk where you dump your coin jug and it counts it & spits out a receipt out for you to cash in your money. So Witty is saying she's got all kinds of coins and I'm telling her how to find a Coinstar.
Earlier we learned her up how to set up Paypal. We're having class on how to be a big people tonight.
Oh.. Paypal has locked me out I think. I just do the credit card thing but I wanted to get into the account recently and no luck. Still, I think I’ll give the big people class a miss heh.
 
Coinstar is a kiosk where you dump your coin jug and it counts it & spits out a receipt out for you to cash in your money. So Witty is saying she's got all kinds of coins and I'm telling her how to find a Coinstar.
Earlier we learned her up how to set up Paypal. We're having class on how to be a big people tonight.
Late to this one but Tesco have coin star too
 

Diesional

Well-Known Member
Last week I went to band practice and the frontman spent some time trying to come up with lyrics and vocal melody for a song we're working on. One line ended with, "Of my brooookeeen soooouul." He was thinking of something to rhyme it with and I started singing, "Son, you juuuuuuust gooooot tooooooold." The bassist said "told" at the same time I did and we all just started laughing together. It was stupid, but it was great. Today I found myself smiling and laughing occasionally while at work because I was thinking of that, and all this in spite of having a spell of suicidal thoughts the past couple days.

I really like and appreciate my bandmates. I don't think they have any idea I've felt suicidal for a while, but I have reasons that I give myself to hold on for at least a while and they are the source of several.
 

Diesional

Well-Known Member
Those moments are just the best aren't they?
They really are great. In those split moments I -am- happy and don't feel like dying or like I'm inadequate, and I think in moments like that we become more prone to simple affectionate touch (i.e. back pats, gentle shoving, etc). I don't want to become overly dependent on comedy for good feelings, but in recent times I've begun to better understand and empathize with the whole "sad clown" archetype.
 
They really are great. In those split moments I -am- happy and don't feel like dying or like I'm inadequate, and I think in moments like that we become more prone to simple affectionate touch (i.e. back pats, gentle shoving, etc). I don't want to become overly dependent on comedy for good feelings, but in recent times I've begun to better understand and empathize with the whole "sad clown" archetype.
“The more one suffers, the more, I believe, has one a sense for the comic. It is only by the deepest suffering that one acquires true authority in the use of the comic, an authority which by one word transforms as by magic, the reasonable creature one calls man into a caricature.” —Søren Kierkegaard

:)
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top