When did you have first girlfriend?

Zurkhardo

When I was 18. Last about two years, but then my feelings for her ceased after we hit many conflicts with one another. I've had about 2 or 3 real relationships since, including my current one, but I still feel guilty and miss what I had with the first (they say you never really get over your first).

Most people don't get their first relationship until their 18 or so, at least in the US. In fact, it is said its increasingly common for people to hold off or be unable to find someone much long each generation. Not sure if its entirely true, but it seems to be the case.

G

ggg456

17. She thinks it's her job to protect me from or advise me against 'wankers' and 'dickheads' and 'twats' :laugh: because I have a terrible history with relationships. I should get off this 'site' now and work through my issues.

:laugh:

Last edited:

SAVE_ME

Actually had my first kiss with a girl when I was about 7, but it was too young to be considered anything serious, so my first real gf is the one I'm dating now, we started dating back in August when I was 18...I'm 19 now BTW

nicesinging1

I think today's ultra-competitive society is playing a role in number of guys never having their first g/f till 25, 26, even 30.
Women want the best, desirable species to have offspring with. I am not saying it is wrong. They have every right to mate with with the best guys out there, whether it is income level, social status, career, look, personality, intelligence, humor, fame, etc...
But sometimes, it hurts me when I am trying to present my best self on the market but the reality is I still have yet to beat my severe depression after 10 years. Makes me feel very undesirable human being.

EmptyLife

I've never had a boyfriend. And I'm older than anyone here. I try and try to break out of this horrendous loneliness -- my life has been like being buried alive -- but I can't.

Mortem

Asexual
Aromantic
Asocial
Aaaaaand... I'm gradually losing my mind... however, until that happens I'll be damned if I'm not going to enjoy the ride =)

D

Dave_N

I have never actually had a girlfriend, but I like flirting. And I'm 27 by the way.

Last edited:

oscilate

I remember on my 12th birthday, I started dating my first gf. I've had 3 other relationships since then, and I just got out my most serious one:sad: Ive heard alot of people say that those early relationships "dont count" though, since kids don't really know what they are doing at that age. I'm 17 now and I still dunno what that means.

I'm not sure if I completely agree with the idea that its better to have never experience love at all. Yeah, it makes things very painful, but in the long run, it helped my self esteem a little bit to think that I'm not as repulsive as I think (although these thoughts are usually followed by thoughts of why she left me in the first place:dry:)

i was 19...........first kiss, first time for "that special moment." She broke my heart, and I still to this day almost 30 years later, think of her often. I suppose I still have love for her, even though I'm absolutely in love my wife....and my wife and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in May.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00