• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
For me, talking to someone else who is also struggling makes me feel better. Just to know that I'm not alone. Some people feel that talking to someone else who is also down just brings both people down further, but that never seems to be the case with me.
 
coming to this site, getting lost in a video game, watching stand up comedy or funny things and trying to avoid the jokes that make me remember things that.... make me low.
 
being with friends, until its over, then back to the same old me..

helping people, but lately, no one wants me or anything I have to offer, so asking to give, and getting rejected makes my usually go cause some sort of harm to myself..

physical activity, a good hockey game helps, until I have to go home to a bunch of people who get annoyed by my presence aftwerward..

video games, but soon I get racing thoughts and can't do it anymore, so I go find a family member and see if I can have fun with them, usually with the results in my second paragraph.
 
spend some money.... buy some watches, clothes.. eat some good stuff...

go to a red light district and get a hooker for a short period of love... it's a sick mind... but who cares,

it makes you feel good for a second... the same shitty feeling for the next day....
 

FBD

Well-Known Member
for me going for a run until i cant run anymore the run helps me just clear my mind and i get into a zone where the hurt goes away, its the healthiest way i have to deal with it
 

minime

Well-Known Member
Drinking a cup of green tea.
Going to the beach and walk until I cannot walk anymore.
Or if I am tired I go for a drive and explore small towns I have never been to.
 
It's all about your thoughts which make you sick and depressed...
forget about the worries and indulge in some chit chat's and gossips and make your environment a cheerful one..
Visit your friends and relatives whom you have missed a lot and haven't seen them for a long while!!

Have a great day!!

Drug Rehab
 

Madam Mim

Well-Known Member
Exercise and eating healthily used to help me a lot, but recently I simply haven't had the physical energy to do either. But I am finding that eating copious amounts of chocolate helps... until I remember how much weight I'm putting on.

Drinking alcohol really helps, as does SI and trichotillomania, but I'm aware that these are obviously essentially negative in themselves.

The main thing that really helps me is helping other people. I basically live for other people, so ensuring that everyone around me is happy gives me a feeling of accomplishment.

Mim
 
but unfortunately the only kind of sex I'll ever be having is the kind that involves hand lotion.
haha i hear you there. but not with the hand lotion.




for me its..hmm what is it...

masturbating?
i like to rip things up
cleanign the bathroom
talking in front of my bathroom mirror
dancing in front of a mirror and watching myself
listening to music as loud as possible singing along to everything
talking in accents and acting like different characters
sitting on my exercise ball will always make me feel better idk why
and takign things aprt and putting them together again
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top