when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Livelife

SF Supporter
doing things that are good for me, like my yoga and meditation and teaching. and I have found this past year that when I am able to sleep longer hours, it immediately alters the attitude and energy I have when I wake up and for that day. Insomnia has been a big wall for me these past 2 years. Spending time with others that I feel a connection with and a comfort and safety with.

Tana

Short term:
*Certain music which isn't too negative nor too upbeat (those can make me feel worse).
*Hanging out, at times, or just chatting.
*"adult videos* and *stuff...*
*A can of beer or two...(too much alcohol and I'm likely to feel worse though...).
*Sweets, snacks...junk food, or food I really like in general.
*Motivational videos.
*Funny videos
*Funny memes (the darker the humour, the better lol).

Longer-term:
*Being obsessed with a video game
*Being obsessed with a certain daydream
...pretty much just not being "here", I guess?
*Working on a project and coming far enough to think I'll actually finish something, gave some hope in the past.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
nothing helps try getting boozed up till it goes away hangover brings it all back though
of course i'm sure you know that excessive drinking doesn't help the situation. have you thought about healthier alternatives. maybe therapy or meds will help. and of course we do care about you and will always listen. i hope you feel better soon...mike...*hug*console

Playing Skyrim , music, youtube, food , running. I wish I could magically live the rest of my days in Skyrim :(
Is Skyrim a sort of video game? I love playing video and mobile games too, they always take my mind off of reality.

Well as for me, as long as I'll have a good laugh and become obsessed with something or like a mini project as Tana had mentioned, I get hyped up and feel like I have a purpose.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Going for long walks or hikes helps a lot, though sometimes mustering the motivation to get up and get out can be a challenge...once I get past that, though, I end up feeling a lot better.

Watching my hero George Carlin on YouTube always gives me a lift...his brilliant insights and his reminders that life is a cocked up, absurd circus help lessen the angst and keeps me grounded..

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Going for long walks or hikes helps a lot, though sometimes mustering the motivation to get up and get out can be a challenge...once I get past that, though, I end up feeling a lot better.

Watching my hero George Carlin on YouTube always gives me a lift...his brilliant insights and his reminders that life is a cocked up, absurd circus help lessen the angst and keeps me grounded..
i love george carlin

crabs

ii think trying to ignore why your depressed and focus on your good points might help...when you feel depressed instantly think why your a good person and why lifes good for you...it may be bad but when you think of your good points you can feel instantly good as you realise you aint all bad.

crabs

hangovers are a bitch and its not the way to get over depression but it will help for few hours.....so if its a few hours of happiness you want then yes it will work. if not do what i do jog till you hurt and the endorphins kick in

I find long walks help me feel better too but like you said, can be hard to get motivated to go out in the first place but it's great once you are out

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00