• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

plates

my thought space
going outside.

i'm trying to take it slowly now though otherwise i exhaust myself too quickly. i'm going out tomorrow though :yeah: to see...forget it. i'll probably have a good story when i come back.
 

odnox

Well-Known Member
When I'm just a little down, taking a shower, putting on clean clothes, getting something to eat and walking my dog will almost always make things a little better, sometimes a lot better.

If I'm really down, only time makes it better.
 

Will

Staff Alumni
Sometimes just cleaning up the place and taking a shower.

Others, I play Guitar, Sing, or Write.

Though, on bad days, I SI :sad:
 

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Anything having to do with my dogs, walking them, petting them, giving them treats - anything!:smile:

They never yell at me or remind me of my faults or complain - just love me no matter what.
 
H

HappyAZaClaM

I know I posted at least once. it will be interesting to go back and read what I said.
nothing makes me feel better ever. I feel like hell. I realize there are a lot of people
who have far more serious problems than I do. but that is not the point, is it?
to be redundant, NOTHING makes me feel better, not ever. getting so drunk I can't
remember what city I am in is not too bad. doesn't really work though. life truly sucks
badly and then ya die. at least ya finally get to die some day.
 
Last edited:
H

HappyAZaClaM

the complete and utter devastation and destruction and good riddance to the entire
planet and all of the people on it. I'm sorry about the animals. but I'm more sorry
about them while they are alive and suffering than if the whole thing was one big
final ultimate mushroom cloud. kaboom! no more earth. no more life. no more
cruelty. no more suffering. no more evil. no more anything. whatever kind of
a terrible experiment this was supposed to be, it has obviously gone horribly
wrong and it's time to pull the plug.....although, that doesn't really make me feel better.
it would be for the best for all concerned, but it does not relieve my personal angst
to ponder it. perhaps I should not have posted. perhaps I should not have ever
been born. if I had a choice, I would have opted out of that nightmare. too late.
 
- making progress. If i feel ive made progress that day im happier.
- music, old favs
- a warm bed in winter makes me happy.
- sex? energized and playful, at peace with the world
 
Last edited by a moderator:
to think that i'll die one day and none of this matter anyway. when i'm really sad i imagine i'll die tomorrow, that makes me feel a spark of what i could call happiness. its the only thing that makes me feel happy, to think that i'll die tomorrow. of course, this tends to make me suicidal... so i need meds to.
 

Anju

Well-Known Member
Not a whole lot as of late, but if I can catch myself before I get really bad a bit of music making can help for a while :) :piano:
 

Oak

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Being left alone. the more they try to help when they dare to show they care the further down the drain i'll go.

so being left alone
see my psy
take meds
stay away from the kitchen (not kidding)
sleep sleep sleep
 

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
Going for a bicycle ride (a motorcycle ride when I owned them).

Going for a wander inside a nature preserve, especially accompanied.

Surfing the 'net, especially when I'm researching.

Playing with a dog or cat :dog:.

Wandering around a big-box store like Target.

Doing some domestic chores for an elderly friend.

Hoping there is a next world, a heaven even for a suicide as I'll probably go.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top