• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Alais

Well-Known Member
For me, I have recently found that painting, specifically water soluable oil pastels, make me feel immensley better. Even when I can't spell. :laugh: I'm no van Ghoh or Michaelangelo but it's fun, dammit, to swirl all that paint around and the sense of accomplishment at the end is a real boost to the ego.
 

Zurkhardo

Well-Known Member
I'm lucky to have a number of things help me out. Sketching, writing in my journal, listening to music, working out, hanging out with my friends, and--most importantly I think--just focusing on my dream my career and school.
 

Sparklemama

Well-Known Member
I tend to sleep a lot when i am depressed it seems to be a form of escape for me even though its temporary because once i wake up i am feeling even worse then before as i wasted a day on sleeping and nothing was accomplished.
Listening to music it also helps and also food i eat out a lot and it makes me feel better to sit in front of the t.v with a nice plate of food or snacks.
Sometimes i will take the time to go out with a friend and that helps, the couple of hours that i spend with a friend sometimes takes my mind off of my depression but sometimes it doesn't and i end up being quiet and can't wait to go home and be by myself.
Oops i forgot to add i also love to read books and magazines it helps keep my mind off of things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

plates

my thought space
knowing i'm going to die and it will happen soon/taking steps to cut off people, rather than feeling like death is out of my control and being terrified.
 

plates

my thought space
i wanted to see eternal sunshine again, reminds me of what has gone on with me recently...


sleeping and cleaning my flat and eating my food and resting and dreaming and knowing everything is going to be okay and not having panic attacks lasting hours
 

Lady E

Well-Known Member
I make recordings of my music, somehow knowing that I am creating something lasting is a comforting thought. Writing, drawing, watching television, playing cards, and reading.
 

plates

my thought space
yeah recording anything is comforting it's like writing too. then again, i was thinking, i like writing here and letting it slip away into time for some reason. i used to destroy things i made. i dunno...i don't know i should really get to putting all my stuff together and recording things properly? maybe.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00
Top