• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Pein

Banned Member
for me - listen to jpop, and video game music(yes, im nerdy that way). playing video games, eating(of course)...and masturbating.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TBear

Antiquities Friend
Doing something wild or crazy - Things I have done in the past...

Cutting my hair - 4 inches off,

Taking a trip at the last minute with all 7 kids,

Or of course "retail" therapy (but then I get depressed 'cause I spent too much, or guilty for spending on me)

Sex would be a good way out - if I am in the mood - but I am no longer married.... so I have to just think about it... which is depressing...

Doing cartwheels on the trampoline (at my age that is crazy :) )
 
-Petting/snuggling/being near my cats (get your mind out of the gutter!)
-Coming on here has actually been calming me down a lot.
-A bike ride. The problem is getting myself to get out of the house first and actually get going. So it doesn't happen much.
-Painting
-Reading (haven't been able to get into reading much for the last couple years though for some reason)
-Shopping. As ridiculous as it sounds.. and I'm probably one of the least girly girls you could ever meet.
-Cooking (see above)
 

KittyGirl

Well-Known Member
-My kitty
-Running for miles, until my chest feels like it's about to burst and I can't cry anymore
-Watching silly videos on youtube

these sometimes make me laugh a bit... :Leiaha: :bubble: :smug:
 

TomT

Active Member
Lots of things that made me feel better don't work anymore but these still do:

- Watching dvd's, specially tv series like DS9
- Playing with my kitten
- Reading a good book
- Sleeping, more sleep the better
 
Listening to music
Writing about what happened
Eat :p
Read Anne Rice books to get my mind off of it.
Or, if I am feeling like shit, then sometimes I'd put on a funny movie and then when the movie ends, I'd feel a bit better.
 
Well, what used to help me was get drunk and drop acid.

However, I do have some healthier alternatives to deal with my depression:

Read some of my favorite books
Watch my favorite movies/TV shows
Play video games
Crank out some metal music
Sprinting outside.
Write some poetry
Compose some music
Play my guitar for a while
 

Things

Well-Known Member
I draw joke comics about my depression, or about random crap.

For example, I draw this crappy robot that says "I'm wasting paper!" in three pages, over and over. :B
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top