• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

nolonger

Well-Known Member
When I'm extremely down, just going on SF and thinking about death can make me feel better, it's quite odd. Whenever I'm on here it's because I feel down, at my lower points.
Same :tongue:. I like to browse the web. Lately I've had a thing for desktop wallpapers, LOL. I have some really cool ones too. It's weird how the really good HD Nature wallpapers make your life feel so insignificant....like why couldn't I be at that place right now?
 
I shut myself in the study with a giant german beermug full of coffee or tea.

light my hubly (no weed)

then either:
a) spend the whole night reading a good book. Prefrably a nice gory one like S. Ericson.

b) play some pc games. Cant kill myself while i stil have a damn hard level to finish. Also, cant kill myself while there's stil some 10 year old korean punk who's ass i need to kick with a sword.


This is my ritual of distraction.
 
i dont know anything that works long term for me but short term some things that help me are:

  • sleep, it helps recharge my batteries
  • going to a mind art group, it gets me out of the house and i get to do art which i love....which brings me to....
  • doing art, its relaxig and ive always loved it
  • spending time with friends online, i dont get out much bcos i dont like being around people i dont know so spending time online keeps me in good company
  • going to London to see my best friend, i dont get to see him much so its always a joy when i do :smile:
Hi Ya I dont think anything helps me really, im out of a job at the min and i have to much time to think, and im alone alot of the time except i have my dogs, and for some reason i dont like to go to bed, dont know why that is! any ideas??
 

plates

my thought space
putting THE SHIT people project on me, back to themselves. your shit NOT mine.

and writing classy poetry when doing so. :tongue:
 

MightyMatt

Well-Known Member
I go to the gym a lot that seems to help... I also keep a strict diet... it's one of the things that I feel I have control over at the moment and that makes me feel like I'm doing something for my long term health. I used to do a lot more and have lots of hobbies and interests... but for now they just don't do anything for me. Perhaps one day I'll get back to some of my old hobbies... We'll see.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top