• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Monoka

Well-Known Member
I aggree with the walking, especially in the early hours when theres no one around.
...and custard, random but it helps when i suddenly drop low.
:mellow:
 

flowers

Senior Member
Giving away something to someone who really needs it.
nice. They say we are connected to our true self when we give from our heart. And it does feel good for sure.

I feel better when I am giving what I have to give. I feel the opposite when for some reason I am cut off from giving what I have to give.
 

spooky

Active Member
The only thing that makes me feel better, and what's kept me alive this long, haha, are my cats. They are nonjudgmental. They're always happy to see me. They don't ask questions. They don't make assumptions. They don't give me crap. They don't lie, cheat, steal, BS or pacify. They just want to love and be loved. Bless their furry little hearts. I love my kittehs.

Spooky :ghost:
 
Sleep - all problems temporarily disappear... most of time. Sometimes I get chased by a dinosaur.

Eating - got one rule here - if it's bad for my teeth, it's good for my mind. :D

Ice-cold drinks

Being in nature - treehugger, sun worshiper

Music - except love songs... I find them depressing at this point.

Exercise - if I manage to motivate myself

TV - Travel Channel, HBO Comedy, Boomerang (never too old for that :) )
 
short term: nature- all plants and animals, sitting with my best friend, baking, excercise- mainly walking around woods, music, small amounts of alcohol and/or weed- too much can make it a lot worse, support from understanding people.

long term (this is a difficult 1, i can get really low very rapidly for no reason at all) : looking after myself- eating/drinking healthily and regularly can make a big difference, my best friend (again...)- even if she is not with me at the time i know she is always there for me.
 
Hmm, Short term reliefs for me would be things like reading a good book, or spending some time to completely relax, cleaning helps a fair amount, spending extra time for personal grooming, creating a to-do list and completing it, and music can have a huge affect on my mood as well.

I don't really know for long term :/
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top