• Other

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Crying

Votes: 17 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolonger

For me it's cutting, haven't done it in a while but I feel really anxious :(. But I have a bad feeling that If I started smoking I'd probly oxygen deprive myself :laugh:

Mortal Moon

Crying helps me a lot. I actually go out of my way to make myself cry, by reading sad stories, listening to certain songs, thinking and writing about life and death, etc. It's therapeutic- I feel alive when I'm crying. Is that weird?

I've also become something of a (moderate!) drinker lately. I love to chill out with a few glasses of wine at night. With school starting tomorrow, I might start needing more relief than ever.

TBear

Antiquities Friend
My therapist wants me to cry - it is so hard, he says it would help; I don't cut often, thank G-d...

Usually, I write in my journal, exercise or work.... sometimes have a bubble bath with a glass of wine - or a chocolate bar....

Mortal Moon

No that's totally normal. I feel it too. I think it's because our emotions are heightened when we are crying. Hell, it can almost feel like a drug, depending on what you are crying about, and the amount of tears.
That's exactly it. I do get a strange "high" off of it.

And also, it's sort of like... I feel like I should be emotional about certain things, so if I don't cry when those things come up, I feel guilty or that there's something wrong with me. I feel inhuman. So crying is how I react appropriately to the world; if I can't do that, then I've truly lost everything.

Xanax and sleeping. Trying to sleep my pain/life away until I feel better. I don't smoke, never got high from pot (guess I'm immune) fall asleep on half a wine cooler( obviously not a drinker) don't like pain so cutting is out, get too depressed for sex. Crying alot, but don't think it helps - just a symptom.

forgot about anger. Feels good to get it out, but then I always turn it inward. I berate myself enough, if I let myself get angry, it's worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00