Why does this happen so often?

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Cynic Goat Picking up those traits like your partner is into is real indicative of codependency. I should be an expert on that (lol) but I'm not. But you might look at a book or two if its something that bothers you.
Honestly, i think a lot of that came from a 12 year friendship where this dude subtly undermined me constantly and made me feel like i was worth nothing if i didn't try to be more like him, and i think i applied the same mentality to other people in my life. We stopped being friends like a year ago though, and i've become a much more independent person since.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Um...MLP is My Little Pony :oops: It's not exactly a phase i'm proud of. Like i say, it was for a relationship, there's no chance i'd have watched it if it was just me. In retrospect it was kind of a red flag, but i think Wanda Pierce said it best as "When you look at someone through rose-coloured glasses, all the red flags just look like flags"
Must be a pretty powerful pair of rose coloured specs you've got there, lol.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Haha, they really were :L
I just discovered its a thing among grown men : "I like watching My Little Pony. Not afraid to say it. We get ragged on simply because of the name of the show. It’s no different than nerds that go to Star Trek conventions, or people who form teams and play video games professionally, or film buffs who are at the cinema three times a week making podcasts about what they saw. It’s a thing, people like it, and they’ve formed a collective community around it, and that simply makes it awesome"

Okaydoke.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just discovered its a thing among grown men : "I like watching My Little Pony. Not afraid to say it. We get ragged on simply because of the name of the show. It’s no different than nerds that go to Star Trek conventions, or people who form teams and play video games professionally, or film buffs who are at the cinema three times a week making podcasts about what they saw. It’s a thing, people like it, and they’ve formed a collective community around it, and that simply makes it awesome"

Okaydoke.
Oh, you went this far without learning that? Sorry for exposing you to it.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I was thinking "where is this stupid thread" and it looks like I found it. Anyway, I'm tired of being let down. I show nothing but the best to people, I'm honest and can be trusted, but people still think the worst of me. I don't want to do this anymore.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00