Would you rather?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
Ya I think you’re right about this section not being as popular as it was in the past, I have gotten that feeling as well. Yup it could also be that the regulars stopped coming in here as much like you said. That’s good that you’ve sometimes been able to sleep a lot, sorry to hear you sometimes have insomnia. Aw wow thanks so much for saying you think I’m interesting to talk to, I doubt myself a lot about that so when someone says something like that it is definitely very reassuring :)

I definitely appreciate that you don’t expect replies right away, it’s the same for me. Yup you’re right it can be challenging to deal with that, and ya exactly that people sometimes have other things they need to do. Sorry about people losing interest and pulling away but not saying anything about it, that sounds upsetting if they end up stopping talking to you. I understand about not getting too close if they’ll just end up leaving. It would definitely help things be much simpler if people communicated more clearly about things.

Hmm, hard question, but ok I would rather be a book character.

Would you rather eat a bowl of peas or a bowl of cream corn?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I think a lot of the people that were here when we started are gone now. There are still some of the regulars, but I've also seen many new people. Yeah, it's weird because sometimes I can't sleep even if I am really tired. And then other times I feel like I can never wake up. And the doctors don't think there is anything wrong with me, except sleep apnea, but they never gave me anything to help with that.

Of course, I really do enjoy talking to you. I like it when people have things to say other than "How are you" and "How is the weather?" I mean some people might like small talk, but I've never really been good at that. It's a good thing when conversations can flow naturally. There are so many topics out there that you really can't run out of ideas if you are creative enough.

It is hard for sure, and I'm sure I'm guilty of disappearing in some ways. Like I tend to isolate if I am feeling bad and I'm not around as much. But I do come back eventually and sometimes I just need the time to myself.

Probably the creamed corn because less chewing involved :D

Would you rather write a book or make an album?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
Yup, I think you’re right about a lot of the people who were here when we joined aren’t here anymore. I am glad there are still some but yup lots of new people as well which is also great of course :)

Sorry to hear about those sleep problems, they sound challenging for sure. And wow it seems like the docs should be able to find something to give you to help it all be more balanced, sorry to hear they didn’t.

I am glad you enjoy talking to me, I enjoy talking to you too. And yup you’re right that the “how are you?” or “how’s the weather?” small talk kinds of things can get kinda old/dull for sure. I think I’m ok at doing small talk if I “have to” but after awhile it starts to feel a bit painful/soul-crushing for sure lol. Yup exactly there’s endless amounts of things to talk about for those who have the creativity (and I think also curiosity) so it’s nice to talk to those where the convo flows “naturally” like you said.

I understand about sometimes needing to self-isolate and being around less due to feeling bad. That’s good that you eventually come back, and ya everyone needs alone time “sometimes” I think, even those who claim they “don’t need it”.

I’d rather write a book.

Would you rather take a shower or a bath?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I'm glad if people have left for good reasons, like if their lives got better, but I worry about some that I haven't seen around in a long time. I just hope they are doing ok. I still need to regulate my sleep better but that can be difficult. And yeah, it can be hard to talk to people if they don't talk much because I feel like maybe I'm being boring. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but I feel they would have more to talk to me about if they found me interesting.

I always take showers but a bath would be nice for a change.

Would you rather go on the ferris wheel or bumper cars?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
Me too about hoping their lives got better, but worrying/hoping they’re ok too. I understand about it being hard to regulate sleep, it’s like that for me as well.

Ya when people don’t seem to want to talk to me much I usually just try to think of it as “their loss” cos I make a lot of effort to be friendly, open, engaging and showing sincere interest/curiosity in learning more about them. That has been a rare thing to encounter (for me anyway) so if they choose to pass up that kind of opportunity then I just feel bad for them really. People can be antisocial for all kinds of reasons though so I do my best to not “judge” and to instead just show them compassion, understanding and patience. It is most likely not something “personal” but to do with their own issues.

I would rather go on bumper cars cos when the ferris wheel goes to the “top” then the height freaks me out a bit lol.

Would you rather eat white rice or brown rice?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Me too about hoping their lives got better, but worrying/hoping they’re ok too. I understand about it being hard to regulate sleep, it’s like that for me as well.

Ya when people don’t seem to want to talk to me much I usually just try to think of it as “their loss” cos I make a lot of effort to be friendly, open, engaging and showing sincere interest/curiosity in learning more about them. That has been a rare thing to encounter (for me anyway) so if they choose to pass up that kind of opportunity then I just feel bad for them really. People can be antisocial for all kinds of reasons though so I do my best to not “judge” and to instead just show them compassion, understanding and patience. It is most likely not something “personal” but to do with their own issues.

I would rather go on bumper cars cos when the ferris wheel goes to the “top” then the height freaks me out a bit lol.

Would you rather eat white rice or brown rice?
Sometimes people are in a bad state, and so it worries me when they just disappear. So I try to think that maybe their lives got better and they didn't do something permanent because it saddens me to think of the alternative. It is their loss for sure, and I get that because I don't talk to many people. I'm not outgoing but I can be if I'm comfortable with someone. And it's easier to talk online because I have more time to compose my thoughts. And yeah the heights thing can be scary, plus I love smashing into people on the bumper cars :P

Brown rice sounds good right now. There's another recipe I know with some patties made from ground turkey, spinach, onions, and a few other ingredients with brown rice on the side.

Would you rather read a mystery or fantasy novel?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
I hope they’re doing well and I try not to think of them having done something “permanent” too for sure. Same for me with being outgoing if comfortable, and also about it being easier to talk online.

That recipe sounds yummy! :) And I pick mystery, just like the genre better most of the time.

Would you rather have pink hair or blue hair?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I would at least let people know if I was thinking of doing that and not just do it without notice. Though I also wouldn't want to worry anyone by telling them that. So it's hard to know when to open up if I am feeling that bad.

Well I did dye my hair light pink, didn't really show up though but I've been told maybe my hair is porous and so it can't hold color as well.

Would you rather eat alligator or snake meat?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
Me too with letting people know if I was seriously considering doing that, but yup you’re right it would be hard because of not wanting to worry people. I try to think of it like I would always want someone to let me know if they felt that way so I would have a chance to help them feel better and hopefully not feel like doing that (or wanting to!) anymore.

Cool that you dyed your hair pink before, I only ever dyed mine the regular colors (blonde, red and one time a really dark brown, almost black, that’s it lol) and sorry to hear it didn’t show up very well. Ya it is really not good for the hair putting dye in it anyway.

Umm…hmm…well as appetizing as those both sound…I guess I pick…snake meat? But really don’t think I’d ever want to eat either of them lol.

Would you rather eat a whole jalapeño or a whole raw onion?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I mean I talk about it openly with people on here because they get it, plus some of my family members, mostly just my mom though and my sister knows a bit about it. I worry more about others doing it, because that's what my stepdad did, my sister has tried many times, my mom says she is better off dead than alive and my nephew talked about similar things too. So it makes me worry quite a bit. Plus if friends or people on here talk about it then it makes me worry about them too. Yeah, I wouldn't want to just do it without thinking it through because one day might be horrible, the next might be great, and since I can't know for sure then I can't really make a big decision like that.

I have dyed my hair various shades of blonde and red, but you're right, it can damage hair after a while. And my hair gets dry easily so I don't want to do that much. Lol yeah those both sound weird, it's amazing what types of meat people will eat though. Some I wouldn't in a million years, probably even if I was starving.

The onion I guess, it's less spicy but I'd have bad breath for a while. haha

Would you rather wear a dress or pantsuit?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
I mean I talk about it openly with people on here because they get it, plus some of my family members, mostly just my mom though and my sister knows a bit about it. I worry more about others doing it, because that's what my stepdad did, my sister has tried many times, my mom says she is better off dead than alive and my nephew talked about similar things too. So it makes me worry quite a bit. Plus if friends or people on here talk about it then it makes me worry about them too. Yeah, I wouldn't want to just do it without thinking it through because one day might be horrible, the next might be great, and since I can't know for sure then I can't really make a big decision like that.

I have dyed my hair various shades of blonde and red, but you're right, it can damage hair after a while. And my hair gets dry easily so I don't want to do that much. Lol yeah those both sound weird, it's amazing what types of meat people will eat though. Some I wouldn't in a million years, probably even if I was starving.

The onion I guess, it's less spicy but I'd have bad breath for a while. haha

Would you rather wear a dress or pantsuit?
Glad you talk openly on here if you feel like that, and you're right that people here get it so it is a "safe place" to talk about it without fear of judgment, overreaction or other negative kinds of things happening from talking about it. Sorry to hear about your stepdad, mom, sis and nephew though, it is very understandable that it makes you worry, it would make me worry too for sure. Yup it's the same for me if people talk here about it then I worry about them too. Another reason why kindness is so needed in this world, and also compassion and understanding. A lot more of that would equal a lot less of people ever "wanting that" to begin with imo. Yup you're exactly right that one day can be horrible, then the next is great and it is hard to know for sure when things will get better and things like that.

Cool that you dyed your hair various shades of blonde and red, and sorry to hear your hair gets dry easily. Mine did too (especially when I had it blonde for about a year lol) cos of the bleach that was needed to lighten it enough to be the shade I wanted lol. Same for me with there being some kinds of meat I would probably just never eat even if I was starving.

I'd rather wear a dress, never worn a pantsuit and probably never would, just not really my style.

Would you rather eat lasagne or spaghetti?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Glad you talk openly on here if you feel like that, and you're right that people here get it so it is a "safe place" to talk about it without fear of judgment, overreaction or other negative kinds of things happening from talking about it. Sorry to hear about your stepdad, mom, sis and nephew though, it is very understandable that it makes you worry, it would make me worry too for sure. Yup it's the same for me if people talk here about it then I worry about them too. Another reason why kindness is so needed in this world, and also compassion and understanding. A lot more of that would equal a lot less of people ever "wanting that" to begin with imo. Yup you're exactly right that one day can be horrible, then the next is great and it is hard to know for sure when things will get better and things like that.

Cool that you dyed your hair various shades of blonde and red, and sorry to hear your hair gets dry easily. Mine did too (especially when I had it blonde for about a year lol) cos of the bleach that was needed to lighten it enough to be the shade I wanted lol. Same for me with there being some kinds of meat I would probably just never eat even if I was starving.

I'd rather wear a dress, never worn a pantsuit and probably never would, just not really my style.

Would you rather eat lasagne or spaghetti?
I tend to be more open with people I have talked to for longer, or I talk about my feelings in my journal. Not as much anymore, but I do that if I want to vent or something. Well my stepdad was schizophrenic and killed himself, my sister is schizoaffective so I worry about her too. And my nephew can get upset pretty easily. Luckily they are both in therapy, my mom isn't but she could benefit from that. If the world were a kinder place, and bad things didn't happen, then there wouldn't be a need for feeling that way. But unfortunately these things happen, and I'm glad that there are people around who understand these feelings. Well my hair is naturally curly so I guess it can get frizzy and all of that so I have to try and tame it somehow.

Lasagna, but both are good.

Would you rather fly in a spaceship or airplane?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
I understand, it’s somewhat like that for me too (about being more “open with people I know better”) but I try hard to be at least somewhat open with everyone. With those I don’t know as well I just do it with a LOT more caution, cos I know from experience that people can be VERY unpredictable if you are unfamiliar with “how they are” and things like that. Ya it’s great to be able to vent in the journal, I’ve been using mine a LOT this year cos of all the stressful things that have been going on. It’s been such a huge help, and the kind compassion shown to me by you and some other members has helped that stress be much less and also easier to bear for sure :)

Omg, I’m so sorry to hear about your stepdad killing himself though, that is terrible and must have been a very upsetting and surreal kind of thing to experience. You have my deepest compassion and empathy/sympathy for having to go through that. Sorry to hear about your sis, nephew and mom too. I understand about being able to see that therapy would benefit your mom, it’s the same for me. She has needed it for years but is too stubborn and proud to reach out for help in that way. Yup you’re right that the world would be better if people were kinder and less bad stuff happened, but I know it is unrealistic to get “wishing” for that too much. It doesn’t change the current reality of it. I’m glad there’s people who understand these feelings too for sure :)

Cool that you have naturally curly hair, mine has a bit of a strange mix of a “natural curl” and also kind of a random, uneven waviness too lol. I wish it could make up its mind sometimes, but I guess it is definitely a fitting kind of hair type for me cos I DO have a hard time making up my mind about things sometimes lol :p

I’d rather fly in an airplane, cos the idea of going into space really freaks me out. Prefer to stay on my home world at all times thanks, lol :p ;)

Would you rather drink apple juice or orange juice?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I don't trust people as easily or as early on now, at least until I can get a good read on someone. I've been burned by doing that before. It can be nice to find connections with people, but it's still good to be careful. I'm glad that venting helps, also that me and others here have been able to help you feel better. :) It was hard for sure, I lost two people that year. The first was my grandma and that was more expected because she had cancer for years, but it was still hard because she was the first person I ever lost. I hope your mom gets help someday because I know that can be beneficial. And it's good to try to make the world a better place, even if some bad things will always exist. Your hair sounds cool, sometimes mine is annoying because it can be hard to manage. I would go into space to get away from this planet for a while :D

Orange juice

Would you rather be caught in a hurricane or snowstorm?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
I don't trust people as easily or as early on now, at least until I can get a good read on someone. I've been burned by doing that before. It can be nice to find connections with people, but it's still good to be careful. I'm glad that venting helps, also that me and others here have been able to help you feel better. :) It was hard for sure, I lost two people that year. The first was my grandma and that was more expected because she had cancer for years, but it was still hard because she was the first person I ever lost. I hope your mom gets help someday because I know that can be beneficial. And it's good to try to make the world a better place, even if some bad things will always exist. Your hair sounds cool, sometimes mine is annoying because it can be hard to manage. I would go into space to get away from this planet for a while :D

Orange juice

Would you rather be caught in a hurricane or snowstorm?
I understand, same for me with "trusting". I feel like when I am "cautiously" open that it definitely is not really the same as "trusting" because when I really know/trust someone then I am much less cautious about the openness. I think for the most part that I'm pretty unburnable (not sure if that's a word, if not then I guess it's just a JMG word then, lol) at this point. It is a good feeling in a strange way, knowing that's the case. Makes me feel safer from being hurt. Yup you're right about it being nice to find connections with people, but it still being good to be careful, absolutely. Ya I'm glad to have the diary to vent in too for sure.

Aw ya I can definitely imagine that it was hard in that year, wow losing not on your sd but grandma as well, that's a lot to go through in 1 year. Sorry to hear you had to go through that. Thanks for saying that about my mom and hoping she gets help someday, me too and yup exactly about it being beneficial, I know it would be for her too. Hope your mom will also get the help she needs someday as well. I know how painful of a feeling it is to feel "helpless" seeing someone suffering/struggling and being able to see what they need that would be helpful to them, yet not ultimately being able to make that "happen" for them (since they need to decide it for themselves for it to ultimately be effective and all that kind of stuff). Ya I agree that it's always good to at least "try" to make the world a better place, despite those bad things existing. Thanks for saying that about my hair, that was really nice of you. I understand about the "hard to manage hair" as mine can also be that way at times. Lol about going into space to "get away from this planet for a while" hmm well I guess in that way it's a bit tempting. The idea of no gravity just freaks me out a lot I guess lol.

I'd rather be caught in a snowstorm.

Would you rather go camping or fishing?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
It's a good thing to be less open with people if you don't know them that well. You need to have a good idea of what kind of person they are first. I'm not sure if it's a word or not, but I make up my own words too sometimes if I don't have a better way to describe things. I don't get hurt as easily either, maybe I am more used to it at this point or I won't let people get me down as much. Yeah, they were some of the most important people in my life, so it was hard to lose them both only 5 months apart. They were some of the people who were most supportive and wanted the best for me. My grandma helped me learn to read and write and she was always there for me. My stepdad was like the dad I never had and he wanted me to have a good and well adjusted life. I don't yet, but I can still work on that. My mom is very nervous and she tends to jump at things easily. So that makes me nervous too. I think she could benefit from some type of meds. And I feel bad about traumatic things she has gone through. I think some things she has only told to me, but I can only help so much because I'm not a professional. And I'm sure your hair looks good as is, it's good to be unique. :)

I haven't gone camping in forever, both sound fun but yeah I'll go with camping.

Would you rather do laundry or dishes?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
Yup I agree it’s a good thing to be “less open” with people you don’t know as well. I agree about it being good to have a good idea of the kind of person they are first before opening up too much. Glad you don’t get hurt as easily and don’t allow people to get you down as much, I think I’ve become better about that too.

Cool about making up your own words sometimes too, ya it’s a fun thing to do I think :)

Sorry to hear about losing your gran and stepdad only 5 months apart, wow that definitely sounds like that woulda been quite hard. I hope you’ll be able to have a new stepdad someday who is as good to you as he was. I’m really glad he was so caring and wanting the best for you like that though. Always nice to hear about “good” stepparent experiences for sure, just knowing they are not “all” horror shows like how my stepmother was to my sis and I helps me have hope for “others” out in the world with stepparents and hoping that there’s more “good” ones than bad.

Anyway sorry to hear your mom is nervous and jumpy about things and that it causes you to feel nervous too. I definitely understand about being able to sense that meds would be helpful for her, but being limited in being able to “make that happen” for her cos of it needing to be something “she decides for herself”. Ya my mom too has been through lots of traumatic things in her life too, but yes you’re right that professionals are who are needed to help deal with such a level of psychological complexity for sure.

Aw thanks for saying you’re sure my hair looks good “as it is” and ya I agree completely about it being “good to be unique” it is definitely that lol ;) I want to dye it a much lighter red, but when I called around at various salons in our area it costs WAY too much to have them do it. Don’t wanna do it from the boxes though, they do a much better job at the salons, plus the endless rinsing after, ugh, no thanks lol.

I’d rather do dishes, and I really don’t like doing them much at all, but compared to laundry which I dread a lot, ya it makes dishes seem almost “fun” by comparison lol.

Would you rather eat a cucumber sandwich or a turkey sandwich?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I'm really sorry to hear about what you experienced with your stepmom. Some people shouldn't be parents or step parents for that matter. Whatever she said to you isn't true, even though it may be hard to get over, but she seems like a bitter person. I get startled pretty easily too, so I get how my mom feels, but I still think she could benefit from some help. And it's hard because she won't do anything unless she wants to. She keeps talking about drinking again and that worries me, because she is healthier after quitting. I hope you can find a place where you can get your hair dyed that won't cost an arm and a leg. Lol I don't mind either chore, but it can get overwhelming if there's too much of either to do.

A turkey sandwich, but it would be good with cucumber on it.

Would you rather be in an escape room or fun house?

JMG

☮️❤️😊
I'm really sorry to hear about what you experienced with your stepmom. Some people shouldn't be parents or step parents for that matter. Whatever she said to you isn't true, even though it may be hard to get over, but she seems like a bitter person. I get startled pretty easily too, so I get how my mom feels, but I still think she could benefit from some help. And it's hard because she won't do anything unless she wants to. She keeps talking about drinking again and that worries me, because she is healthier after quitting. I hope you can find a place where you can get your hair dyed that won't cost an arm and a leg. Lol I don't mind either chore, but it can get overwhelming if there's too much of either to do.

A turkey sandwich, but it would be good with cucumber on it.

Would you rather be in an escape room or fun house?
Aw thank you for those kind, thoughtful words of reassurance, I definitely appreciate it a lot :) Ya I know with how I sometimes “bring it up” and even how I talk about her that I probably seem like I’m not “over it” but for the most part I am. Like I don’t really feel much of “anything” about whatever she “said or did” to me anymore, now what mostly bothers me is just the numerous ways it has messed with me psychologically as an adult, that’s all really. You’re right though about her being bitter, and also deeply miserable. I pity her more than anything.

I understand about getting startled easily, I’ve been that way for many years as well (maybe even pretty much my whole life lol). Aw I understand about thinking your mom would benefit from some help though, I feel the same way about my mom. Sorry to hear your mom has been talking about drinking again, I understand that it is worrying you, I’d feel the same if mine said that. I’m glad to hear she’s been healthier since stopping and I hope she will stay sober. I’m not sure how “close” you are with your mom, from some things you’ve said here it sounds like you maybe are though. Not sure if you guys “hug” much or anything like that, but if it wouldn’t be too awkward of a thing then perhaps try doing that more. My mom and I don’t hug much but I wish we would more. I try to sometimes initiate giving her a hug, especially “out of the blue” (those ones can be so special imo) she doesn’t ever really do that back to me though but she just isn’t “like that” really.

Anyway oops sorry, really had meant for this to be a much “shorter” reply lol :p Thanks for saying you hope I’ll be able to find a place that won’t be too expensive for me to finally be able to get my hair dyed the shade of red I’m wanting, me too lol :)

I’d rather be in a fun house, both are fun though.

Would you rather have a pet bird or a pet fish?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Aw thank you for those kind, thoughtful words of reassurance, I definitely appreciate it a lot :) Ya I know with how I sometimes “bring it up” and even how I talk about her that I probably seem like I’m not “over it” but for the most part I am. Like I don’t really feel much of “anything” about whatever she “said or did” to me anymore, now what mostly bothers me is just the numerous ways it has messed with me psychologically as an adult, that’s all really. You’re right though about her being bitter, and also deeply miserable. I pity her more than anything.

I understand about getting startled easily, I’ve been that way for many years as well (maybe even pretty much my whole life lol). Aw I understand about thinking your mom would benefit from some help though, I feel the same way about my mom. Sorry to hear your mom has been talking about drinking again, I understand that it is worrying you, I’d feel the same if mine said that. I’m glad to hear she’s been healthier since stopping and I hope she will stay sober. I’m not sure how “close” you are with your mom, from some things you’ve said here it sounds like you maybe are though. Not sure if you guys “hug” much or anything like that, but if it wouldn’t be too awkward of a thing then perhaps try doing that more. My mom and I don’t hug much but I wish we would more. I try to sometimes initiate giving her a hug, especially “out of the blue” (those ones can be so special imo) she doesn’t ever really do that back to me though but she just isn’t “like that” really.

Anyway oops sorry, really had meant for this to be a much “shorter” reply lol :p Thanks for saying you hope I’ll be able to find a place that won’t be too expensive for me to finally be able to get my hair dyed the shade of red I’m wanting, me too lol :)

I’d rather be in a fun house, both are fun though.

Would you rather have a pet bird or a pet fish?
I'm glad that it doesn't bother you as much as it used to, because she isn't worth any of your pain. But I can understand the hurt it caused and made your life harder. The same thing happened to me, not just from my family environment but other factors as well. Sometimes I feel much younger than I am and not functioning as someone my age should. Yeah, I'm surprised my heart is fine considering it gets shocked just about every day, lol. I'm close enough with my mom, we tend to fight but we aren't distant or anything. We do hug and say we love each other, I do that with family and close friends so it wouldn't be too awkward. She thinks I'm trying to ruin her fun or whatever by not wanting her to drink, but really I just don't want her to get sick.

A pet bird, a fish just kind of sits there but they are nice to look at.

Would you rather keep cool with a ceiling fan or air conditioning?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00