am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette

I am struggling bad with the holidays. It just reminds me that I am rejected by family and do not have my own family. I can take food and go and give it to people at a community dinner. But I can barely stand the holiday and I think I have damage from being bullied all those years. I go through the same feeling every year and nothing changes. I hope other people will reach out and find nice people over the holidays or find ways to enjoy it. It feels like it is too much for me, even though I try to make the right decisions.

JarlPypBoi

The holidays suck for me too, not only am I expected to participate in and enjoy two holidays I also need to attend three birthdays. It can be hard but at least your trying, and sometimes that's all you can do. If the holidays are painful just go somewhere you can forget about them, even if that is practically impossible.

Jazlyn

I am struggling bad with the holidays. It just reminds me that I am rejected by family and do not have my own family. I can take food and go and give it to people at a community dinner. But I can barely stand the holiday and I think I have damage from being bullied all those years. I go through the same feeling every year and nothing changes. I hope other people will reach out and find nice people over the holidays or find ways to enjoy it. It feels like it is too much for me, even though I try to make the right decisions.
Whenever you feel sad and down and need a pick me up I'd love to talk to you. I don't celebrate holidays but I know how you feel

pam4him

So sorry you are struggling. This time of year is hard for me having lost two family members during Thanksgiving week. If family is not available, is there a friend you could visit? I love your idea of taking food. Could you stay and serve, visit with the people at the community dinner? Sometimes that helps ease our own pain when we focus on someone else's needs. Maybe take in a movie to distract your thoughts. I do understand how hard it can be, but it's just one day. Fill it with good, for others and yourself. Remember, this too shall pass.

Dawn

Hi Annette. Nice of u to do that. I have served at those dinners it is a great place to be during holidays. I wish i was well and could still do that. Sorry u are feeling so down and hope u get to feeling better.

I too am alone and I know it is so tough. This Thanksgiving I will be alone but grateful for this place. So I will be thankful I found u guys! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00