Anime and Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have thought about getting crunchyroll but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the choice on there, I wouldn't no where to start.
I can totally understand (Pro techie top though - if you want to get into Crunchroll you can download Opera, then you can watch it for free with no ads, just saying)
Plus.....you could always start with Jojo *hiding

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Golden Kamuy. Wow. I was late getting into this series because the descriptions I’d read made it sound a bit generic. I was very wrong. It’s amazing, with some of the best-realized and most memorable characters I’ve ever seen. It’s in my top ten for sure, maybe even top five.

Lewis83

I wasn't prepared for Cowboy Bebop having such a sad ending, I mean they're bounty hunters so I shouldn't have expected a happy ever after, but I thought they would all make it to the end and have each other, still a great ending though, and I've still got the movie to look forward to.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I wasn't prepared for Cowboy Bebop having such a sad ending, I mean they're bounty hunters so I shouldn't have expected a happy ever after, but I thought they would all make it to the end and have each other, still a great ending though, and I've still got the movie to look forward to.
the ending was sad but it was also epic and memorable. i think it was a good way to close the story.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Devilman: Crybaby.

Okay, so I’ve been a big fan of Go Nagai since before I knew who he was, way back when I watched Mazinger Z (known over here as Tranzor Z) when I was, like, 5. Didn’t even know it was originally Japanese. Devilman, Lady-Devilman, Demon Lord Dante, I love that shit. Granted, his stuff is the epitome of style over substance. But there’s just so fucking much style there that it’s easy to forgive. I think he probably would have been better suited to creating heavy metal album covers and music videos or something, rather than trying to tell actual stories. But, you know, the story elements are at least the cheesy enjoyable kindof bad. Not everyone is gonna like hisstuff, but if you have the right mindset going in, it can be a hell of a lot of fun.

So this modern reinterpretation of one of his classics manages tocapture that vibe perfectly. It’s just fucking dripping with that 70s dark fantasy atmospheric coolness. And the animation itself has that very loose, very hand-drawn kinda look that I associate with 70’s animation (both Japanese and Western), only done way the hell better. This time it’s an artistic choice, rather than a budgetary one like the original.

Go into this looking to get caught up in a compelling story, and you’ll be pretty dissappointed. <mod edit - drug use guidelines>

Last edited by a moderator:

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
I never watched Evangeleon growing up so I'm trying that now. Also one punch man, magi, finished watamote, starting fma brotherhood, might try tokyo ghoul..idk yet it seems like it could be depression triggering..some depression relatable slice of life stuff would be cool...

SAVE_ME

Oh I used to be into manga/anime a lot when I was a kid. I actually wanted to BE a manga artist at one point but had no original ideas of my own. I used to draw my own comics but it was basically a huge Dragon Ball rip off lol

I recently started watching Dragon Ball Super which I quite enjoy. I also like Death Note and Pokemon, and grew up watching shows like Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo. Been watching a little Yu-Gi-Oh too since it's on Netflix.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Watching My Hero Academia right now. Uraraka reminds me of my friend Jenny from high school. Character design, personality, everything. Jenny even had a quirk that made her throw up, though in her case it was less of a superpower and more of an eating disorder.

mfor

Some people belong backstage.
Houshin Engi is very much worth it. The manga, though. None of the series were ever any good.

Been getting back to ZZ Gundam when I manage to feel the drive to watch anything. The characters get more... bearable later on.
After that, though... If I watch anything, probably Ace Attorney or Jojo part 5. Despite the utterly unlikable main character.

Houshin Engi is very much worth it. The manga, though. None of the series were ever any good.

Been getting back to ZZ Gundam when I manage to feel the drive to watch anything. The characters get more... bearable later on.
After that, though... If I watch anything, probably Ace Attorney or Jojo part 5. Despite the utterly unlikable main character.
No pressure, but Jojos part 5!
Just my opinion :)

mfor

Some people belong backstage.
I read it already. Worst part of all of them. It's only worth it for Bucciarati and Mista, and Giorno is nothing but an empty Mary Sue.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
So, uh, between Diane from 7 Deadly Sins and Mt Lady from Hero Aca, I think I might have a new fetish.
And speaking of Hero Aca, in the current season they did something with Aoyama that, while it was building up, felt like it was gonna be something typically (for certain kinds of anime) homophobic and make me like the show less, but it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise (much like it was for Midoriya).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00