Borderline Personality Disorder | What is BPD? | Signs of BPD

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
It's something like fighting for Homan rights. Women did it. Blacks did it. Gay people did it. Do you know what I'm saying? But we're crazy to so we have to force the bleeping practitioners out of the dark ages!

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
It's something like fighting for Homan rights. Women did it. Blacks did it. Gay people did it. Do you know what I'm saying? But we're crazy to so we have to force the bleeping practitioners out of the dark ages!
It would be a difficult thing to do. Quite impossible, even, unless there was a good number of us who shared this idea and started brainstorming. But although a beneficial idea, it's seemingly unrealistic.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I can't do it by my self. That is the only thing I know. I doubt that bringing about change will be easy. It is very common to believe something can't be done. But some things do get done.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Sooner or later I will actually be proactive about this. I may just get myself permanently hospitalized or hijacker will get me once and for all. But I need to see positive change. If it seems like I'm all talk and no action, I admit, doing is real hard. I've led a life of not doing. I am trying to make this dead weight of a self, make the world change. That's my passion. We were talking about that today, right?

Angie74

Good luck getting permanently hospitalized...you cant even get a temporary bed here. Maybe it's different where you are, but they don't hospitalize for BPD here, and it is avoided in general for those with BPD. Hospital stays supposedly promote dependence...

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Good luck getting permanently hospitalized...you cant even get a temporary bed here. Maybe it's different where you are, but they don't hospitalize for BPD here, and it is avoided in general for those with BPD. Hospital stays supposedly promote dependence...
It was mostly just a thing to say. But pertaining to hospital stays promoting dependence, I geuss those same people think no treatment at all promotes healing. That is how they are trying to get me to heal.

About stigma, I think stigma is being strengthened by the organizations that say they are trying to end it. They seem to be so emphatic about how ill the "mentally ill" really are. They are kind of saying the stigma is correct.

Angie74

I can't live with this disorder, plus all my other shit anymore. I can't ever recall feeling well or having any true hope. I just exist and aggravate and frustrate those around me. I don't know why I'm still alive. I am accomplishing nothing, and I'm just a massive drain on society.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
They don't hospitalize for BPD, specifically. But they do hospitalize you for being suicidal, which is part of BPD. Although, I'm pretty sure you could get some sort of long-term treatment stay in a facility for BPD related issues. Girl, Interrupted type shit.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
it is avoided in general for those with BPD.
They don't hospitalize for BPD, specifically
With my last two ER visits, they ultimately left it up to me to decide if I should be hospitalized. We had discussed the uselessness of a hospital stay because it would only deal with the period while in the hospital. I only know for myself, while in the hospital I won't be self harming. Mental healthcare providers do not make a real distinction between self harm and suicide - or between actually doing it and thinking it. I don't know about suicide attempts while one is hospitalized but I think it may not be likely. But they do consider me suicidal and they still let me go home when I am telling them how horrible I'm feeling. This makes me think they do not understand the problem in me and don't know how to provide treatment, no matter how fancy expensive their hospital is. This seems totally irresponsible to me. It is like they are avoiding finding solutions. I believe that ideally I should be in a long term inpatient program. But that program or any treatment doesn't exist and people pretend to care. I believe BPD requires long term intensive treatment which involves lots of social interaction.

Last edited:

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
With my last two ER visits, they ultimately left it up to me to decide if I should be hospitalized. We had discussed the uselessness of a hospital stay because it would only deal with the period while in the hospital. I only know for myself, while in the hospital I won't be self harming. Mental healthcare providers do not make a real distinction between self harm and suicide - or between actually doing it and thinking it. I don't know about suicide attempts while one is hospitalized but I think it may not be likely. But they do consider me suicidal and they still let me go home when I am telling them how horrible I'm feeling. This makes me think they do not understand the problem in me and don't know how to provide treatment, no matter how fancy expensive their hospital is. This seems totally irresponsible to me. It is like they are avoiding finding solutions. I believe that ideally I should be in a long term inpatient program. But that program or any treatment doesn't exist and people pretend to care. I believe BPD requires long term intensive treatment which involves lots of social interaction.
How exactly do you phrase it to them when you tell them how horrible you're feeling and they still let you go? And how long had you been in there normally before they end up letting you go? Is there an insurance issue of any kind?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00