• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

BPD Support Thread

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
*help

I am kind of desperately struggling with what I need to do & what my daughter needs me to do. She’s 28, probably has BPD, is independent, and lives in a different city.
My plan to go overseas to live with my husband, is or seems to be ruining her peace of mind. (?) She won’t talk to me about it.

She mentioned she still wishes I lived there with her though her bf roesn’t even want me visiting. It makes my head spin.

It feels like she’s maybe (?) been relying on me even though we don’t live near each other, & her boyfriend hasn’t allowed me to maintain close ties.
I can’t understand how I am supposed to just wait quietly all alone in this house in case she wants something of me.

The stress of this is getting to be too much.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁Rainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ®🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
*help

I am kind of desperately struggling with what I need to do & what my daughter needs me to do. She’s 28, probably has BPD, is independent, and lives in a different city.
My plan to go overseas to live with my husband, is or seems to be ruining her peace of mind. (?) She won’t talk to me about it.

She mentioned she still wishes I lived there with her though her bf roesn’t even want me visiting. It makes my head spin.

It feels like she’s maybe (?) been relying on me even though we don’t live near each other, & her boyfriend hasn’t allowed me to maintain close ties.
I can’t understand how I am supposed to just wait quietly all alone in this house in case she wants something of me.

The stress of this is getting to be too much.
It's hard when someone wants to rely on you so much. But like I said in the other post, you can only give so much before it's too much. Only do as much as you can and try not to let it get you overly stressed.
 

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
So my fiancé definitely has histrionic PD. I knew something was up with his behavior...I just didn't know what. First it seemed a bit similar to BPD, but not quite BPD...And now I finally put all the pieces together. He matches almost every single symptom...
 

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Did you guys break up? What happened?
Yep. What happened was he's a manipulative, lying dick. Don't really even care to explain it any further...not worth my time.

And by the way...if there end up being any fucked up posts on here that seem like I wouldn't write them...I didn't. That's his crazy ass. I left my computer back there and he's been fucking with my Facebook, email, etc. ever since.
 
Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁Rainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ®🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Yep. What happened was he's a manipulative, lying dick. Don't really even care to explain it any further...not worth my time.

And by the way...if there end up being any fucked up posts on here that seem like I wouldn't write them...I didn't. That's his crazy ass. I left my computer back there and he's been fucking with my Facebook, email, etc. ever since.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish that things would have ended up better, and I'm sorry to hear that he is still bothering you.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁Rainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ®🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Oh btw you can visit anytime you want. Sounds like you need a break from the bullshit. No pressure, just saying you're always welcome here.
 
Did you guys break up? What happened?
Yep. What happened was he's a manipulative, lying dick. Don't really even care to explain it any further...not worth my time.

And by the way...if there end up being any fucked up posts on here that seem like I wouldn't write them...I didn't. That's his crazy ass. I left my computer back there and he's been fucking with my Facebook, email, etc. ever since.
Can you set up a new email account, then change the email address you have registered for the site? Then you can change your password, not lose access to your account, and he should no longer be able to log on.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁Rainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ®🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I hate the whole thing about Amber Heard and the excuse for her behavior is that she has BPD. Umm, I've had BPD for a long time, and never thought to cut off someone's fingertip or drop a deuce in their bed. Having BPD is not analogous to being an abusive asshole.

Except I did accidentally drop a deuce on my cousin's toybox when I was a kid. That is kind of a long story. lol
 
Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁Rainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ®🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Do any of you have problems enforcing boundaries? Like I'll let people treat me how they want if I've known them long enough. I tell them it's ok when it's not. I don't know why I have such a tough time with this.
 

Gwyrdd

Well-Known Member
I don't attach easily, but it feels like what I didn't get in how easy it is, I made up for in intensity. Years ago now, I gave my bf at the time $2000 for his car and his daughter the day after he broke 2 fingers on my good hand... So yeah, I get that part and it sucks.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top