BPD Support Thread

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I don't know if my BPD is getting better or not. I used to be so upset when people left me...it would really hurt me. Now it's like...if you want to leave, there's the door, don't ever come back. I am unsure if I am better than I used to be, or I've become so numb that I just stopped caring.

Angie74

I feel this illness is going to be the death of me. I cannot survive any more emotional pain. I can't stop "acting out", and understandably, everyone is getting sick of me. And I'm already so, so sick of myself. I can't stop self-sabotaging.

Gwyrdd

Any of yall have new symptoms just arise randomly and stick around?

I've obviously been borderline my whole adolescent and adult life and most of my childhood.

Recently been dealing with alexythemia. The only emotion i can really identify instantly is anger. The rest all feel like... they've been dipped in black paint. I know they're there, I just can't tell what they are. Then I get angry. Which tbh may only be identifiable by how often it's my main emotion....

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Any of yall have new symptoms just arise randomly and stick around?

I've obviously been borderline my whole adolescent and adult life and most of my childhood.

Recently been dealing with alexythemia. The only emotion i can really identify instantly is anger. The rest all feel like... they've been dipped in black paint. I know they're there, I just can't tell what they are. Then I get angry. Which tbh may only be identifiable by how often it's my main emotion....
I live with alexithymia but I always have.... it's not new for me. Trauma can trigger it.

Gwyrdd

I heard that too, and maybe my BPD did get slightly better the last 5 years, but only slightly, I am still struggling very much so. How old are you and how long have you been dealing with this?

29, and dealing with it I guess almost my whole life but only diagnosed for about 6 years. (I know that's not "older" just around 30 is when I was told I'd start having less symptoms) How about you?

Ieatotters

29, and dealing with it I guess almost my whole life but only diagnosed for about 6 years. (I know that's not "older" just around 30 is when I was told I'd start having less symptoms) How about you?
I'm well into my 40s, I was told it got easier after 40 though. It's definitely not easier. The acting out part is probably less of an issue for various reasons, but the suicidal ideation is worse than ever.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
It has gotten significantly better for me. In the last 10-15 years notably. My main problem now is my psychosis.
Same here. I don't believe I would actually qualify for a BPD diagnosis anymore. When my husband and I split up, it took some time, but my symptoms had subsided. And now, a year and a half later, I have the chance to get back together with him and I can tell I'm not who I used to be anymore. Romantic relationships don't define me and I won't allow myself to get into something toxic again. However, like you, I began to have psychotic symptoms, which I would say is the main problem alongside my depression.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00