does this counts as csa?

so, my cousin and dad used to touch my butt, a lot of times, my cousin did it everytime we were alone, my dad used to slap and touch my thighs and butt, im not from usa, im from latam, and sa is kind of normalized here, but idk, does it counts as csa? or sa?

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
"The overall definition of sexual or indecent assault is an act of physical, psychological and emotional violation in the form of a sexual act, inflicted on someone without their consent. It can involve forcing or manipulating someone to witness or participate in any sexual acts." - Met police.

So I would say yeah, unwanted physical contact like that is deffo gonna be under the sexual assault/harassment umbrella.

I'm sorry it happened to you, I hope it has stopped and it should never have been happening in the first place. Is there anyone you can talk to about it etc?

"The overall definition of sexual or indecent assault is an act of physical, psychological and emotional violation in the form of a sexual act, inflicted on someone without their consent. It can involve forcing or manipulating someone to witness or participate in any sexual acts." - Met police.

So I would say yeah, unwanted physical contact like that is deffo gonna be under the sexual assault/harassment umbrella.

I'm sorry it happened to you, I hope it has stopped and it should never have been happening in the first place. Is there anyone you can talk to about it etc?

yeah i was like 8 or 9, it stopped happening, and i can't talk to anybody bc i don't want problems in my family

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
i have a slightly different take on this and that might be because in my childhood i believe i was extremely contaminated by my father’s abusive behavior so please do take this with at least a grain of salt.

i think that amongst family there is a fine line between sa and just playfulness. unfortunately playfulness can get to be very annoying to say the least and it is at that point that it could start crossing the line. if it has crossed the line for you then it is very definitely sa but if it stopped, then maybe the offenders realized they were crossing the line and realized they should stop.

but then again i do not know your specific situation and please keep in mind that in my family i know for sure that that line was crossed with at least my sister from age about 5 to her teens, who was abused by both our father and grandfather. she was abused more by our grandfather but my sister hates our father more and this may be due to the way he crossed that line.

but finally he one day was accused of molesting a neighborhood girl my sister’s age. they were friends and that was the only reason her parents did not call the police - in order to protect my sister. but my father’s attitude was - “it was no big deal. all she did was to make an old man happy”. this is such a sick attitude but may unfortunately be influencing my remarks at the top of this reply - that it could be or not be abuse.

i always struggle to differentiate but also feel it is just as wrong to call it abuse when the intent might not have been an attempt to take advantage but just a poor response to a natural attraction and just not realizing more self restraint should have been used.

sorry for this complicated reply but i’m presently so heavily in to working on my own difficulties i felt answering was important even if i’ve not resolved anything yet.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00