I am similar - my body much prefers going uphill, downhill seems to put a lot more pressure on. And my knee is OK until I start a downhill stretch, whereupon it resumes its mad clicking (same with steps). Unfortunately any uphills are usually accompanied by downhills 🤷
Sorry how that is going - hope the knee holds steady. There is something about the biomechanics of going downhill that's rough on the body. Err maybe that's why the phrase got its start ?
It's my foot and achilles that doesn't do so well on diwhhills. I've got an orthotic in the runners now, so, guess I'll see what happens.
Sorry how that is going - hope the knee holds steady. There is something about the biomechanics of going downhill that's rough on the body. Err maybe that's why the phrase got its start ?
It's my foot and achilles that doesn't do so well on diwhhills. I've got an orthotic in the runners now, so, guess I'll see what happens.
Hope that goes OK! Just did a run now and knee not too bad - it just clicks, isn't painful - though I did have sudden shooting pain in my hip the other day. All good today apart from the 27C air - pale northern UK people are used to much cooler temperatures 😆
I've been overeating too if it's any consolation. I ate my week's supply of chocolate and potato chips in 2 days 😆 Then I went across to the Chinese chip shop and bought a bag of fries. I might have to walk the 6 miles to work and back as penance (that, and the bus strikes!!)
For my sin of overeating I went and ran 5k including a very big hill. Apparently did my 2nd fastest time ever on part of the hill (the steep bit, as that segment is aptly named, the hill overall is a mere 11% grade!) - not bad considering the stats go back to my mid 40s. Took it out of me though 😆
Yesterday was biceps and a little core work. My 6k jog was the previous day, but the time difference makes it look like it was on the same day. I know I've said that before. Even a short workout helps lift my mood. The foot issue is still there, but less-so. I think the adjustments the podiatrist did have helped.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.