Exercise club

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Little 5k run in the rain, dodging puddles. There was a bloke with a dog heading for the funnel between parked cars and the wall so I sped up to overtake so I wouldn't get stuck behind them, dog tried to chase me then I noticed my shoelace was undone and flapping around. I did my best to find something to rest foot on to remedy it, but due to crouching my knee must have gone to sleep as when I stood back up I promptly fell over into a puddle on the pavement. After a little walking, I started jogging again and had no further mishaps, there was no pain so hopefully it was just a freak buckle from trying to support my weight while I tied the shoelace. I might have to use extra holes on the shoes, no idea why they make running shoes with 10 mile long laces - recipe for disaster, if you don't trip up over them running, you fall over after tying them back up!

Little 5k run in the rain, dodging puddles. There was a bloke with a dog heading for the funnel between parked cars and the wall so I sped up to overtake so I wouldn't get stuck behind them, dog tried to chase me then I noticed my shoelace was undone and flapping around. I did my best to find something to rest foot on to remedy it, but due to crouching my knee must have gone to sleep as when I stood back up I promptly fell over into a puddle on the pavement. After a little walking, I started jogging again and had no further mishaps, there was no pain so hopefully it was just a freak buckle from trying to support my weight while I tied the shoelace. I might have to use extra holes on the shoes, no idea why they make running shoes with 10 mile long laces - recipe for disaster, if you don't trip up over them running, you fall over after tying them back up!
They just had one here in the neighborhood and the cold a couple of weeks ago. Y’all impress the heck out me running in the wet😉 IMG_5645.jpeg

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Got ready for run, coming downstairs felt a twinge in my knee that I fell over off the other day - first sign of anything wrong. Decided to run how I felt, and if there was any more pain to stop, ended up doing 6.5 miles and even managed to get down to the woods where I found some none muddy bits (not running through mud in brand new hard to find running shoes!). So far so good. Enjoyed a nice sedate pace and my heart rate stayed in the zone it's supposed to which was a bonus!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00