• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Exercise club

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
Scratching...lots of scratching. LOL At least I am still limbo and get into positions like you expect from a dog or cat. Just call the moves Yoga scratching. :)
just to commiserate, I have had a severe spell of dry eyes since Tuesday morning. Urgent care doctor said not to rub my eyes, but also acknowledged that its easier said than done. I got the lubricant eye drops she recommended, but JFC, my eyes have been so red and itchy that I might be looking up whether it's appropriate to use lidocaine cream on the eyelids.
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
got out the door for a walk at 8:30 am. This is too late to avoid the heat, and only a little shade was still left. I took only 1K steps in 20 mins. I have learned to walk slower when it's hot af and the sun is just beating down so hard you can feel the exposed skin on your body being at least 5 deg warmer than covered skin. It's supposed to get 20 deg F warmer over the course of the day, and it's 80 F now.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I've been getting sporadic workouts in as far as weights and bodyweight exercises, core, etc. Thanks to someone here who reminded me to use movement to calm down.

I've not recorded my walks and running, not giving myself credit for them as depression was creeping back in.

Today I walked and ran in the early morning (although there was already too much traffic) for about 7k when I got back in the door.
 

Gard

Well-Known Member
Two miles this morning and then my basic core work. I have sore muscles from yesterday's chest and tricep workout lol
I like that pleasant muscle soreness. It reminds me that I’ve accomplished something. And it’s also a sign that there are endorphins in my blood. That’s because the body produces a little more endorphins in situations like this to help ease the pain.
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
30 min walk, left at 07:55, hope I can keep that moving earlier. Because heat. Pace getting better, 3440 steps. Assuming each step is 3 ft, then that is just under 2 miles. *woohoo
I had planned on 20 min, but I had to zigzag on the way back because walking paths are more maze-like than grid like. It's hard enough I don't think I will push myself to do it again tomorrow, but I like exploring my own neighborhood and this is a good way to do it. Plus I get exercise in more than zero shade, away from traffic.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I like that pleasant muscle soreness. It reminds me that I’ve accomplished something. And it’s also a sign that there are endorphins in my blood. That’s because the body produces a little more endorphins in situations like this to help ease the pain.
It's a bit surprising and interesting to 'hear' someone else say this about enjoying the slight muscle soreness. I've always liked it and I call it: the good soreness. For another example, when one gets it on backpacks in the mountains, it's a reminder of the accomplishment but also the contrast with the beauty of the surroundings. Anyway, lately, can certainly use the extra endorphins.
 
Last edited:

Gard

Well-Known Member
It's a bit surprising and interesting to 'hear' someone else say this about enjoying the slight muscle soreness. I've always liked it and I call it: the good soreness. For another example, when one gets it on backpacks in the mountains, it's a reminder of the accomplishment but also the contrast with the beauty of the surroundings. Anyway, lately, can certainly use the extra endorphins.
After a few years of exercising, your body starts to crave it on its own. It took me about 1.5 years to get to that point. And after that, exercise became a part of my life. Thanks to endorphins and my body :)
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
I got out at 7:30 this morning for a walk. 20 min, roughly 2.5K steps. It was, according to my weather app, going to be 7 degrees warmer at 8AM than it was at 7:00. so a half hour earlier makes a noticeable difference.
additionally I walked to get a sorely overdue haircut. I don't have a lot of hair on my scalp remaining, so if it grows out for anything longer than 5 weeks, it looks unkempt and I'm not comfortable. This trip got me another 2K steps so now I have 4936 on the health app. If I just carry my phone in my pocket for a couple hours, I will hit the 5K goal just moving stuff around in the home.
 

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Been doing ok with my workouts. I havent been being faithful getting up early to get to the gym at 5am. Feel like I have to keep the gym and walking to keep at my weight bcz i binge at night *scared
Totally experiencing the same with eating at night - Maybe I'm less satisfied with my meals/dinners than I used to be... *shy *hiding Or I stay up a bit too long so that the hunger kicks in again or some habit that I haven't changed yet.
-----

Workouts are going well thankfully - I'm up to 4 x / week now - and I love it, doing all my workouts @ home still and just picking up things that are heavy is great! *agreed
Wanting to do (light) cardio again, I think I'll go for walks this season - like @LumberJack *thumbsup I'll do just that today actually, gotta bring music & sunglasses!
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00
Top