Family consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruces

There's just honestly no good points to my life I'm absolutely hopeless at everything I've tried to do,I have absolutely no hope at all I'm doomed,I really shouldn't be walking this earth there's no place for me here..

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Only yourself hold the key to happiness, not other people. Get yourself out of the hole you're in and start somewhere what makes life more bearable or even better.

Good luck and take care

Bruces

Sometimes there's no way out that's why we have people that have been depressed for 20,30 40 years there is so little known about the human brain so they have very little treatment,this is how we are.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sometimes there's no way out that's why we have people that have been depressed for 20,30 40 years there is so little known about the human brain so they have very little treatment,this is how we are.
Or perhaps they have been depressed that long because 20,30,40 years ago they did not have the medicines available today and they are coming up with new types of therapy all the time. In today's world, research has been done and documented, much more research we have to learn from than in those days. I no longer suffer with depression and definitely not suicidal thoughts. I am not saying that I believe everyone can do it but it is a possibility for a lot of people thanks to advancements in medicines/trials/therapy.

Bruces

I'm sure some people can be helped but speaking from my experience after 25 years of meds and therapies,I'm one of the ones with no hope or future.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
If I believe it to be I can. In 2011 I was in a coma on life support, was brought down for a brainscan to see if my brain was still active, that is how low I was.... I overcame it, I am not in any way saying that every single person can be cured of depression however you can keep treating it and I can say that even after 25 years, it must be hell and I do feel really bad for you, a nightmare come true, I would keep on fighting, whatever has kept you alive the past 25 years can keep working, I hope?. I know there is a fine line between living and existing and I believe everyone is entitled to live illness free of anything but that just cannot happen sadly enough. I stand by my statement that it's never an option. I'd give my right leg to help someone out of their depression. It's a shame it exists at all but never stop trying new ways to treat it.

Bruces

I find life is hell there isn't a single moment that I enjoy,it's just utter misery and I'm sick of going to crap appointments that make no difference whatsoever,I'm just screwed big time..

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I find life is hell there isn't a single moment that I enjoy,it's just utter misery and I'm sick of going to crap appointments that make no difference whatsoever,I'm just screwed big time..
Have you tried making the most out of your appointments, being brutally honest and what healthcare workers do you see?

I'm no medical worker but I found sertraline and mirazapine were really good medications for my depression and anxiety.

Bruces

Just see a push nurse and yeah I tell him I wanna die all time but it don't faze
Him,been told there's no more meds I can try,there's nothing can be done
To be honest,I'm dead on inside just need rest to follow..

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
been told there's no more meds I can try,there's nothing can be done
Whoever told you that needs to be struck off. How can they say such a thing? I've had dealings who good/bad mental health workers, you CAN report what they say or do. To be honest this is not the wisest idea but once I called their bluff and threatened them with a solicitor coming to my appointment with me, they drastically changed their tune too. It has not been an easy road as I'm sure you know. But screw that, how dare they say that. I'd get another opinion if I were you and sorry to say it but they are NOT doing their job,they are supposed to be helpful and optimistic.

AAA3330

I'm sorry that you are suffering Bruces. The brain is mysterious. Unfortunately I'm one of those that hasn't been able to be helped. I don't have depression though. I have severe confusion and suffer greatly because of it. I used to be really successful, then two years ago something went wrong with my brain. Hopefully they can find a drug that can help you. Have you been on Lithium? It didn't work for me, but like I say, I don't have depression.

Bruces

I was peeved when they said that but there just being honest really I'm done for,my whole life had just been a total screw up from early adulthood I've never been good at anything I've ever done I'm basically worthless..

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was peeved when they said that but there just being honest really I'm done for,my whole life had just been a total screw up from early adulthood I've never been good at anything I've ever done I'm basically worthless..
I really am sorry you feel they were only being honest. I see in in a different light, that they were not competent and do their duty which is to help people. They didn't know how to treat you so very lazily said that they weren't able to. I don't have the answer all I can do is advise you to keep trying, never give up while you have the option not to.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Bruces

Sorry you got the short end of the stick when it comes to dealing with mental health. The nurse should have taken you seriously. When I said I was suicidal it was straight to the hospital for me. I don't know how the system works in the UK if that's where you are from as Im from the US.

I've tried a lot combinations of medications and I'm telling you it's not the same 15 years ago for me. I was amazed at the new medications available nowadays. Maybe you need right combinations of Meds, not just trying one med. Impossible to say you tried them all as that's so many different combos and possibilities. I'm on 4 right now and feel back to normal.

You're not worthless. Just hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00