Family consequences

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Bruces, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

How will my family cope when I take my life I've decided it's the only option but I just feel a bit guilty about the after effects

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Your family will not recover. Dead is a finality in this life.

Take it one day at a time. Call crisis hotline anytime it has helped me several times.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't think your family would be able to cope with your loss. Someone close to me took his own life, that was 21 years ago and I still haven't gotten over it, not sure if I ever will. I hope that you don't go through with it.

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Your family will be horrified. They will find a way to blame themselves. And they will never forgive themselves. Please reconsider.

5. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

Coming from a person who's brother took his own life in 2007, you never get over it. There is the guilt of thinking that the family member could have done something to prevent it from happening, to feelings of pissed off that the person who took their own life didn't care or love the family and was selfish in his/her actions. I personally do not think that I will ever get past it because I should have been there for my baby brother. The guilt that I carry is unreal, I would not wish it on anyone.

Do you have a therapist that you can talk to, a best friend, someone in our family that you can trust? If you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I get the message.

Please take gentle care of yourself.

6. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

It is a concern to me but I will have to go through with it one day there's no way I can live like this for however many more years,I can't do it.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

What would make life more bearable?

8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

No depression no ocd not being thick,these things are with me for life,I'll never have a decent life I hate every second of it!!

9. DrownedFishOnFire

That can be addressed. Working in Therapy towards those areas is feasible. Even possible explore the medications that can help in all areas just ask the doctor.

Excerise is one of stress relievers makes one feel good about themselves why not take time to do some type of excerise.

10. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've had them all therapy ,meds even used to cycle 15 miles every night nothing
    Made a difference,I've told my family my wishes and and I know what to do,I do feel guilt over what I'll leave behind but I can't live a lifetime of this :(

11. DrownedFishOnFire

Have you had medical checkup to see if it's related to your health like thyroid issues or something else?

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Yes I had blood tests etc

13. DrownedFishOnFire

Try to find something positive everyday? That's what I did during my dark times. Just something simple and Did they test for everything ? Simple blood test don't reveal some conditions.

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I can't seem to see any positives I don't like my job my house anything really not of it seems to matter any plus I spend all day been bored out of my head!!

15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you are bored out of head all day every day then there are a LOT of fixes - it is not difficult to find ways to spend time productively and if you were to do that then you would likely find that all this extra time sitting around thinking would dissipate and lots of things could improve. Being bored is not a result of not having anything to do - itis the result of choosing not to do anything and then claiming that it is unbearable when in fact it is a decison to do absolutely nothing.

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey Bruces,

The reality is your family will be without you and most likely won't be able to cope or ever recover. They will need a lot of help and support. I am not guilt tripping you, just saying the cold hard facts.
    If you are very bored with life like the poster above me said there are so many things you can do. Whatever area you are in, look up on the net what is available there to do in your area...please do not go through with this. One day in my life that I regret so bad was saying this IS IT and days later woke up from a coma, I have been in pain since. Since then I've realized just how much people who know me well really do like me and care for me, I was overwhelmed with happiness when I finally was finished with therapy and the medications were working.
    Your life can change, only you can do it...we will be here to support you x

17. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm in absolute agony I'm walking round like a zombie in a daze sometimes I don't even know what day it is,and I can hardly get out of bed or down the stairs,I class life as just a living hell nothing more.

18. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Some people say there's always other options but I think sometimes there isn't.

19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am one of those people(for most cases), there is always options, things you can do to change yourself or circumstances. I've just come back from my G.P and she is referring me to group therapy,I was amazed she had never heard of DBT and some others but there is always something you will not have tried. Do not give up hope, it always exists. If you want to share where you live I can try and help you find resources in your area.

20. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

It's so hard when you hate yourself and I mean absolutely completly despise myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.