How old were you when you first attempted suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
never tried but I came quite close around age 33. cleaned out all the bank account that my wife didn't have access to so they would have the money easier. wrote the note. had the method available. I ended up talking to someone beforehand and it worked out in the end and I'm still here. I'm pretty sure that's not something I would screw up. when I go to check out, I'm checking out.

I attempted at 18, still here though. Guess that is lucky? Doesn't feel like it is. I almost tried again in late October of this year (I'm 24 now), I called a crisis line and got help though.

crumbum

SF Supporter
I first attempted when I was eleven years old. I wasn't successful and my parents didn't find out about it. They would have ignored it if they had.

This age, I have attempted a few times in the past few months and I will admit I have plans for more. Some I was sure was going to work but surprisingly I survived. No one has found out i'm even suicidal. I'm really sure my next attempt will work but I've said that many times. One day I won't wake up and that will be the best day of my life. It sounds like i'm sad but i'm just fed up with life, not sad.

I was 14 when I first tried; however, I couldn't go through with it and it was the same with my other attempts. I was never caught.

I was depressed enough as a teenager that I wrote a suicide note at least once a month.

Beautiful Disaster

π·π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘€π‘›π‘–π‘›π‘” 𝑖𝑛 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘€π‘Žπ‘£π‘’π‘ 
SF Supporter
9 or 10. God I was one troubled kid.

DF2010

I had just completed by 22nd birthday when I first tried, and wound up getting locked up in the hospital. I've contemplated suicide ever since then and most recently nearly <mod edit - method>. It was absolutely terrible. I've found myself often pining for the years when I was a kid. Although I had a terrible high school experience, I never thought about suicide because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and had such bright thoughts about my future. Yet now, my future is hopeless and there is no light at the end of the tunnel at all. I really feel that I have a very, very short time left in this life )-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel368

I was 16, spent 2 weeks in hospital as a result and only released when I promised to continue out patient treatment. I was very resentful and felt no one understood and had a negative experience with some of the nurses and counsellor. It took me 30 years to get the courage to go to emergency when feeling suicidal for fear of similar reactions from nurses. Also didn't want to try counselling again or tell anyone about my depression, fearing their reaction.

Luckily I tried little by little to speak yo people, try counselling again, and finally go to emergency and all my experiences in the past few months has been positive.

I began self harming at around 7. My first actual suicide attempt I was 17. In all honesty, I don't really remember what triggered it, I think all the little things were just adding up and I was really anxious about the future and just had a bad day.

I wouldn't even call this a try, but five years ago I was going through an event with a woman and took a knife to my wrist, just to see how hard it is to cut into a vein. I had quite a few drinks in me at the time, and I managed to actually puncture a vein. Blood jetted out like a squirtgun. I remember laughing a bit because it was so absurd. I stopped it up by tying a sock around my wrist. At this time I also had a gun. Still do. A nice .357 magnum. I had it out, loaded and had a nice letter written out, but I just couldn't do it. I guess I wasn't ready yet. I put in one of my favorite DVDs and drank beer. I worked 12 hours shifts at the time, and had four days off in a row. I pretty much lived on beer the whole time.
Recent events have brought all those horrible emotions back in a big way, and suicide has become an option again, but it's on the back burner now.
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00