I feel emotionally drained? Or scared?

My ex had lied to me twice and broken my heart he comes back telling me he was trying to handle the death of his grandfather and that's why he acted the way he did.

He said he never got over me and that I don't have to trust him because he has trust issues too and said he does not care how long it takes.

I feel I still have feelings. Part of me feels what if I say no and he really has changed and I let a good guy go? But part of me also does not want to take that risk and get hurt again because he lied so much.

Every relationship I had with a guy ended up with the guy only wanting to use me because they where lonely and had noone else. I was basically the rebound in ALL my relationships. I have gotten so used to being independent and pain free.

Am I making a mistake if I choose not to date him again? I'm so conflicted on what to do... :'( :(

It's a difficult situation to be in, sorry you are going through this. It's easier if you're leaning strongly one way or another, but being right in the middle is tough.

Do you feel like saying more about the back story?

Jenumbra

SF Supporter
Your ex said the death of his grandfather caused him to lie to you, so I would ask him how he would handle things in the future if he experiences something like that. Maybe you could also write a list of his positive and negative traits to get a clearer idea of whether he is the worth giving a chance.

Your ex said the death of his grandfather caused him to lie to you, so I would ask him how he would handle things in the future if he experiences something like that. Maybe you could also write a list of his positive and negative traits to get a clearer idea of whether he is the worth giving a chance.
He broken my heart the first time going back with his ex. And then he broken it the second time lying about the reason he broke up with me left and right and then goes with his ex again. He told me he only dated her to get pay back. I honestly feel he does not have his emotions together and because of two big heart breaks I'm worried of trusting. I even lied to me about something that did not needed to be lied about. I don't know that if we are together in the future and goes through another emotional out break and hurts me again because of it. His grandma just died and now I feel history will repeat and I'm having anxiety. :(

It's understandable that you're worried about this.

You don't have to make any decision right away, so there's time to figure out how you feel about this without making a commitment one way or another. I'd say if he tries to pressure you into making a decision right away, it would be better to leave him.
He told me he only dated her to get pay back
Do you want to say what the pay back was about?

It's understandable that you're worried about this.

You don't have to make any decision right away, so there's time to figure out how you feel about this without making a commitment one way or another. I'd say if he tries to pressure you into making a decision right away, it would be better to leave him.

Do you want to say what the pay back was about?
She cheated on him twice. The second time she cheated tho is when he first left me to get with her.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00