I have a date tomorrow

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

So a guy at work asked me out and I said yes. He knows that I am a part-time student this year. But other than that he doesn't know much about me.

Just a bit nervous about it. I don't really like people touching me.
    moxman, Thauoy, Petal and 3 others like this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'm happy for you my friend, I hope he's a nice guy. Just relax and it'll be fine.
    Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  3. MusicalHeart

MusicalHeart Well-Known Member

Just breathe. It'll go fine. You'll do great. You can talk to us just fine, why not talk to him? Let him know who you are.
  4. GildedFlowers

GildedFlowers Lost Realist

Never be afraid to express how it is that you truly feel. Help him to understand that you have set boundaries for yourself and those around you. That it may take some time for you to become open about your honest emotions.

If he truly cares and honors you as a person, above all else, then he shall respect your wishes. Inform him that you mean not to be distant. Only that you are conservative of yourself, both physically and emotionally.

I'm certain if he recognizes your needs that he will be patient with you and understand. Until an established sense of trust is forged between one another.
  5. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I hope you have fun! Tell us about it :)
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Best of luck my wonderful canadian friend <3

I'm dying to know how you got on, please fill us in, I hope it goes really really well.

Hugs and sending good wishes x
    Northern and Rockclimbinggirl like this.
  7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

So we had a lot of fun playing board games :)
  8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Way cool!